Name & Email address missing in Stripe transaction when credit card not saved

When a person pays for a product on our site, and chooses not to save the credit card information on the checkout page, "Guest" is passed to our payment gateway, Stripe, as the payer's name. Also, the payer's email address information is missing.  This causes additional work for our accountant, who must look up the payer's name, for our accounting system.  Please pass the payer's name and email address for all transactions.  Attached are screenshots from our test Stripe account.  We are on IPS version v4.7.6.

FYI: we use Quickbooks for our accounting system.  Our accountant downloads the transactions from Stripe and imports the transactions into our Quickbooks account.

Could contain: Text, Page

Could contain: Page, Text, White Board

Yes, it seems that the issue occurs when a guest pays for a product.  We require that a person pays for a membership product, before we consider the person as an active member.  It is customary to have name information for all transactions, in an accounting system.  Our accounting auditors require the name information.

I think I used the wrong terminology.We view a person as a guest if the person has not paid for a membership product.   I apologize for the confusion.  Here is the process that generated the Stripe transaction that has no name info:

. A person who has never visited our site goes to our registration page and selects a membership product (add to cart).

. The person opts to checkout; the person clicks the "Continue as New Member" on the checkout page.  See https://stage.npnparents.org/store/?do=register.

. The person fills out the "Create New Account" form (name, postal address, email address, etc.).

. the person fills out the payment form but does not select the "Save this card for future purchases and automatic renewals" option.

Would you please try it on our dev site? See https://stage.npnparents.org/store/?do=register

Thank you.

6 minutes ago, DolSch said:

I think I used the wrong terminology.We view a person as a guest if the person has not paid for a membership product.   I apologize for the confusion.  Here is the process that generated the Stripe transaction that has no name info:

. A person who has never visited our site goes to our registration page and selects a membership product (add to cart).

. The person opts to checkout; the person clicks the "Continue as New Member" on the checkout page.  See https://stage.npnparents.org/store/?do=register.

. The person fills out the "Create New Account" form (name, postal address, email address, etc.).

. the person fills out the payment form but does not select the "Save this card for future purchases and automatic renewals" option.

Would you please try it on our dev site? See https://stage.npnparents.org/store/?do=register

Thank you.

They would not be a verified member till that user's payment is marked as paid. This is kind of a catch 22 at the moment of purchasing through registration.

I have worked with several payment gateways (Authorize.Net, Stripe, etc).  It is standard practice to have the payers name in the payment transaction.  Accounting auditors expect the name information for every transaction.  Please fix this for us.

I have worked with several payment gateways (Authorize.Net, Stripe, etc).  It is standard practice to have the payers name in the payment transaction.  Accounting auditors expect the name information for every transaction.  Please fix this for us.

I found a case where the guest paid for a membership product and opted to save the credit card info, but the Stripe transaction had "Guest" as the name.  Please fix the system so that every Stripe payment has the payer's name and email address.

10 hours ago, DolSch said:

I found a case where the guest paid for a membership product and opted to save the credit card info, but the Stripe transaction had "Guest" as the name.  Please fix the system so that every Stripe payment has the payer's name and email address.

As I mentioned above, I have tagged our developers on this

I have spoken to one of our developers, and a ticket has been created to take a closer look into this