Excessive whitespacing and quotes not working properly in Forum replies

Go to solution Solved by Clover13,

Member says they aren't running any add-on and the issue randomly happens on both regular and Incognito mode.

They'll reply and the source of their reply will have dozens of

&nbsp

and their quotes will just appear as

5 minutes ago, XYZ said:

His device and user agent

Chrome 108.0.0.0 on Android
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 13; SM-G996U) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/108.0.0.0 Mobile Safari/537.36

Edited by Clover13

17 minutes ago, Clover13 said:

I came across this topic:

However it doesn't address or talk about the quoting issue I'm seeing.  That seems like more than just a keyboard causing it.  And it's also on the Chrome browser not the Samsung browser.

Is this on the device mentioned in that topic?

28 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Is this on the device mentioned in that topic?

Waiting on device details from my member, but it appears to be a Samsung SM-G996U.

However I do notice IPS is detecting different device details, both of which I believe are the same device from him.  He says this is an intermittent problem, so I wonder if under it's related to the difference in user agent?  He is only using one device as far as I know.

BROWSER	AUTOMATIC LOGIN	
LOGGED IN WITH	
LAST LOGIN		 
Chrome 108.0.0.0 on Android	 Enabled	Standard	12/28/2022 08:14 AM		
Chrome 108.0.5359.128 on Android	 Enabled	Standard	12/28/2022 07:32 AM		

User agents:

Chrome 108.0.0.0 on Android
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 13; SM-G996U) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/108.0.0.0 Mobile Safari/537.36

Chrome 108.0.5359.128 on Android
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 13; SM-G996U Build/TP1A.220624.014; wv) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Chrome/108.0.5359.128 Mobile Safari/537.36

Edited by Clover13

• Solution

OK, problem solved.  This is with a Samsung Galaxy S20 and using what appears to be a third party app (despite it saying it's using Chrome as the browser app)

I informed the member to use Chrome directly, which is included with the Samsung Galaxy S20.

Screenshot user sent me, which I'm assuming is this app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=privacy.explorer.fast.safe.browser&hl=en_US&gl=US

Could contain: Text

Glad to hear you got to the bottom of the issue. Yes, it is only recommended to directly use Google Chrome native itself rather than through any other third-party viewer. If they do use a third party, it would fall outside our scope of support and they may encounter oddities such as they experienced here.