My site is "choking"

4 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

We would not offer optimisation of your own server. Thats something you would need to contact your hosting company on. If you are referring to cloud, we take care of all that so you dont need to

Do you have a system requirement specification?

59 minutes ago, LiveG said:

Do you have a system requirement specification?

Of course 🙂 

Our software works with all modern web servers (Apache, nginx, lighttpd, etc.) that can support secure versions of PHP (with GD, mbstring and all default extensions) and MySQL.

Please use our compatibility checker if you are unsure.

Please note that if you choose to use Windows based hosting, our technical support services will be limited.

The requirement checker mentioned can be found in the following location

https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/7046-invision-community-requirements-checker/

I believe I am handling all this unless I can't upgrade to the latest version. But still suffer a lot from slowness.

B2W

I didn't see in the Cloud plans the average limit of users in a 48-hour window in each plan.

Don't you mention that?

Edited by LiveG

7 hours ago, LiveG said:

I didn't see in the Cloud plans the average limit of users in a 48-hour window in each plan.

Don't you mention that?

This is no longer a thing in our current Cloud plans.

7 hours ago, LiveG said:

I believe I am handling all this unless I can't upgrade to the latest version. But still suffer a lot from slowness.

Keep in mind those requirements we provide are purely minimum requirements to run the software. You would need to work with a server administrator to ensure your environment is properly configured for your traffic if you are seeing slowness.

Hi,

Does a problem with outgoing mail can cause this burst of slowness?

i want to disable all outgoing mail. I do want the system to not even try to send outgoing mail until i fix it.

Is it possible?

image.png.96cd9de22ab5d530f7352f9e968a4b55.png

Edited by LiveG

If the mail server is slow in sending out email notifications, there might indeed be a delay when posting content. I've seen it happen a few times in the past.

The "correct" fix would be to find out why it's slow and set up the mail server properly rather than disabling outgoing emails, though. 🙄

You could also setup the constant to send out notifications batches in the background above a certain threshold. That should help reducing the delay when content is posted.

Mail doesn't come out at all. broken configuration.

My question is if this could make my forum choke and stuck a few times a day for a couple of minutes..

I have tried Gmail mail integration and they blocked me immediately because i am sending hundreds of emails in a day.

The sendgrid platform to hard to integrate, so i gave up in this point of time.

Edited by LiveG

On 9/9/2023 at 6:51 PM, LiveG said:

My question is if this could make my forum choke and stuck a few times a day for a couple of minutes..

Not to the degree you are seeing there, no. The only thing mail will cause is a small delay when sending a message if its struggling to send quickly. The other issues are server related unfortunately

I just want to update you that the slowness comes from the 3rd party app that runs complex SQL, and none from the reason above. and it took me almost a year to understand it.

I am working with the developer on it.

Edited by LiveG