Calendar does not always translate dates across time zones

If I post a calendar event for a date and time, time zones that have the event fall in the next day have the wrong time.  Example:  event posted for friday night a 9pm eastern US time.  Users in europe will see it as 4am on the same friday, when it should show saturday.  

Has anyone else seen this?  I reported originally back in 2019 and it was supposed to have been fixed in 2020.

Edited by term2323
corrected title

Please upgrade to the latest release as you're currently 2 behind. There have been some changes to the Events application a long the way. Could you please also let us know the exact time zone the user is in who is encountering this? If you could provide a URL to your event too that would be helpful.

OK - I spoke too soon.  When I create a new repeating event, the first instance of that event shows correctly.  It's set to repeat every 7 days, and all the follow on events show up on the wrong day for users in later time zones.  Hopefully that is specific enough to be useful!

Edited by term2323

The second to last post in the thread has a screenshot.  The entry for TGIF battle first shows up on sat the 24th for this user.  That is correct.  The next entry for that same repeating event shows up on friday the 30th, it should also be saturday.

I can figure out how to dump out this row of the db if you can tell me what table its in.  

https://www.steelbeasts.com/topic/16560-event-date-times-conversion-issues

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

17 minutes ago, term2323 said:

Not sure why you don't see it but others in the UK and Australia do.  How does the events page determine the end users time zone?  Why does the first instance of the event work correctly, but repeat instances do not?  

This would be passed by the browser/OS. Are you running any caching on your server or through a CDN which would cause them to view someone else's?