Jump to content

Upgraded to php8 and forum is down


Chinna444
 Share

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

Recommended Posts

Hello,

We upgraded to php8 this morning without any issues and then upgraded to Invision latest version. After the upgrade when i click on the topics it is showting 500 erro. So, i turned on the offline mode. 

It looks like one of the third party application is not supported and it was locked and don't see option disable it. Currently my forum is down and trying to get some help.

Here is the screenshtot, i tried to uninstall the application but it is showing a blank page.

 

Could contain: Text

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Webpage

Edited by Chinna444
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

You need to upgrade the app to the newest version and then uninstall if you want. You are required to update it otherwise you’ll get the error.

But i am unable to see the upgrade option in the admin panel. For other applications i able to see it.

Also, i am unable to disable it temporarily.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Not sure I follow. There’s a warning about a new version beside the app name in your image. Click on it.

That warning is taking me to the plugin 3rd party website. I got the new version but i don't see option to upload. 

Generally, as attached in this screenshot it should show the 'Upload new version' option. But, for this outdated version i don't see the option to upload new version.

 

Could contain: Text

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Chinna444 said:

That warning is taking me to the plugin 3rd party website. I got the new version but i don't see option to upload. 

Generally, as attached in this screenshot it should show the 'Upload new version' option. But, for this outdated version i don't see the option to upload new version.

 

Could contain: Text

You would not have the ability to upload a new version on items which you installed from the Marketplace. They would have to be bought and managed through the Marketplace.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Ok. I purchased through marketplace and now the option to upgrade to new version is enabled.

1) Upgraded to new version but still unable to view the topics

2) Disable the application and still unable to view the topics. 

 

I am not sure if this application is the actual problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Jim M said:

You would not have the ability to upload a new version on items which you installed from the Marketplace. They would have to be bought and managed through the Marketplace.

Thank you.

Previously invision used to have support tickets. But, not it is disable for me. Can you let me know what is the subscription i need to enroll in order to get support? Thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Chinna444 said:

Thank you.

Previously invision used to have support tickets. But, not it is disable for me. Can you let me know what is the subscription i need to enroll in order to get support? Thank you.

You are currently in our staffed support forum and receiving support from me, an IPS customer service agent (hi 🙂). This is where you would submit any technical support questions/issues. Your same great support is done here but don’t worry, our staff still have secure access to your details through our client area and if something should require escalated service we can still do that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Jim M said:

You are currently in our staffed support forum and receiving support from me, an IPS customer service agent (hi 🙂). This is where you would submit any technical support questions/issues. Your same great support is done here but don’t worry, our staff still have secure access to your details through our client area and if something should require escalated service we can still do that. 

Did not realize that you are staff. Sorry. Thanks for the information.

So, should i try anything else from my side, please let me know. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You would want to check if there is any other PHP8 incompatibilities. While you may have upgraded the application, it may still be incompatible so much so, simply having the files on your server is causing an error in that case.

If there are no incompatibilities listed in the ACP. You need to grab the server error log entry from your server for the 500 Internal Server error you’re hitting and we can provide further guidance. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Jim M said:

You would want to check if there is any other PHP8 incompatibilities. While you may have upgraded the application, it may still be incompatible so much so, simply having the files on your server is causing an error in that case.

If there are no incompatibilities listed in the ACP. You need to grab the server error log entry from your server for the 500 Internal Server error you’re hitting and we can provide further guidance. 

Ok. After upgrading to latest version i don't see any more error messages in the ACP. I will work with host to get the server error log entry and let you know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

here is the error message tat was provided. 

 

[01-Dec-2022 23:31:36 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot use "parent" when current class scope has no parent in /home/nginx/domains/domainname.com/public/system/Theme/Theme.php(2703) : eval()'d code on line 92

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Chinna444 said:

here is the error message tat was provided. 

 

[01-Dec-2022 23:31:36 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot use "parent" when current class scope has no parent in /home/nginx/domains/domainname.com/public/system/Theme/Theme.php(2703) : eval()'d code on line 92

PHP 8 theme issue it seems. Please switch to an unmodified theme and disable all third party applications and plugins then test again. If it works, you’ll want to enable slowly each third party item. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Jim M said:

PHP 8 theme issue it seems. Please switch to an unmodified theme and disable all third party applications and plugins then test again. If it works, you’ll want to enable slowly each third party item. 

This worked. 

There is one more plugin that was installed and ACP is not showing any issue, when we disabled everything is working fine.

Thanks much for your help. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...