Slow Notifications Popup

Hi Guys, I just moved to a new server that's has much faster hardware, but is geographically much further from me. I noticed that when I click on the Notifications icon, the ensuing popup (see screenshot below) takes much longer to appear than it did on the old server. It takes a solid 4-5 seconds to appear. 

Does anyone know how to speed this up, or what cause this? 

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Person

It can only be it loading from the server itself. Note more resources doesn't necessarily mean it performs better. That is more down to the configuration of the server to use those resources in an efficient manner. Check your support area in the admin CP first of all, and see if anything is showing up in the mysql area. If there is, action that and test again. If not, it would likely be a case of tuning your mysql instance to speed it up

42 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

It can only be it loading from the server itself. Note more resources doesn't necessarily mean it performs better. That is more down to the configuration of the server to use those resources in an efficient manner. Check your support area in the admin CP first of all, and see if anything is showing up in the mysql area. If there is, action that and test again. If not, it would likely be a case of tuning your mysql instance to speed it up

OK, thanks. Nothing recommended in Support area. 
I will work on MySQL. 

2 hours ago, SeNioR- said:

Hi Chris. Could you describe what exactly you changed? Thanks.

I made changes to the mysqld options in the conf file. The “best” values for these will be different for everyone. 

innodb_buffer_pool_size

innodb_log_buffer_size

innodb_file_per_table

innodb_open_files

innodb_io_capacity

innodb_flush_method

Key_buffer_size

max_allowed_packet

thread_cache_size

max_connections

Connect_timeout

wait_timeout