Clubs user group permissions? Where are they?

OptimusBain
Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

Hello,

I've been trying to find how to change the Club permissions so that ONLY certain user groups can see the clubs or even request to join the club. I just can't find it. It looks like the user groups are not integrated with the Clubs.

I've created a few Clubs and I want these clubs:

• To be invisible to certain user groups
  • Or IF a member within USER GROUP X tries to request to join the club, he will be rejected because his user group is NOT allowed to join

I just can't see how to do that. Is that even possible? It would make no sense that clubs are not integrated with the built-in user groups.

I tried to see if by editing the user group I could see a "CLUB" tab, but it's not available. So it seems that I can't do this logical step of being able to use the user groups to limit access/visibility to certain clubs.

Everyone is requesting to join the clubs I created but I do NOT want everyone to join or even request it. Why? Because in these clubs, we will discuss information who privileges (user groups) should not allow them to read 😞

There is no way to select which user groups can view or join the clubs 😞 It makes no sense. Now everyone can request to join the club, some user groups should not even see them.

Could contain: Page, Text, File

Can anyone help?
Thanks

31 minutes ago, My Sharona said:
  • to be invisible to certain user groups

System > Site Features - Applications > Expand System > Clubs > Permissions > Can Access Module > Save

Thanks a lot for your help.

However, what I want is to grant permissions to see Clubs or Join them based on the user group. I did already what you suggested to hide the clubs from Guests and Member user groups.

If I do what you suggested, then the user group will never be able to see the club, ever. Need the clubs to be integrated with the user groups, which is the core of the system 😞 They have been completely disregarded in clubs.

Edited by OptimusBain

• Solution

Clubs cannot be joined based on member group at this time. Joining a club is based solely on what type of club it is. You may wish to create a private club and only invite members you want to join. This is a little more manual overhead but would accomplish the same thing.

Otherwise, please leave your suggestion in our official Feature Suggestion forum for further evaluation.

23 hours ago, My Sharona said:
  • to be invisible to certain user groups

System > Site Features - Applications > Expand System > Clubs > Permissions > Can Access Module > Save

That worked for my purposes, but I would like clubs to be part of the group structure, so a certain group can only see their clubs. With the same permissions as pages and db would be very advantageous.