Can the recent upgrade be reversed, temporarily?

One of the third-party apps that is critical to running my site had no incompatibility flag, but turns out to be incompatible. I've had to disable it to allow my site to run, but without that app, a great deal of our functionality is broken.

Is it possible to reverse the upgrade for the moment, to give us time to figure out the way forward?

In case restoring a backup is not an option, what about the the application's developer? Have you tried contacting them to see if they have an updated/compatible version?

Just now, Moonbeam said:

Yes, we're on the cloud platform. I would just need to know the time of the most recent backup to evaluate what posts would need to be copied and reposted.

Okay, then that's something the IPS staff needs to answer for you. It's nothing we can check ourselves.

Edited by teraßyte

2 minutes ago, teraßyte said:

In case restoring a backup is not an option, what about the the application's developer? Have you tried contacting them to see if they have an updated/compatible version?

It's complicated. The original maker apparently transferred ownership to someone who removed it from the marketplace, and I don't know whether I'll be able to get it updated. So we may be be looking at recommissioning a whole new app, eventually.

Edited by Moonbeam

5 minutes ago, Moonbeam said:

It's complicated. The original maker apparently transferred ownership to someone who removed it from the marketplace, and I don't know whether I'll be able to get it updated. So we maybe be looking at recommissioning a whole new app, eventually.

Oh okay then, one of those situations. In case there's also the option of hiring a different developer to update it for you, or at least give it a quick check at least: https://invisioncommunity.com/third-party/providers/

Making it compatible might end up being a simple thing depending on what needs to be updated. I've done several similar updates myself recently with this whole PHP 8 compatibility chaos. 😅

Edited by teraßyte

1 minute ago, Gary said:

Hi @Moonbeam,

I'm sorry to hear you have encountered this hurdle. I have created a ticket for you and will ensure one of our staff members assists you with the process, at least temporarily, until the plugin is updated or a new one has been created for you.

Thank you!