Poss bug when using Start a new topic button

When I click on the Start New Topic feature here in this Developer Connection forum, it works great and takes me straight to the post editor.
However I noticed if you use the button in Community Manager's Lounge forum, it throws a superflousous modal asking me to choose a forum to post the topic in, despite there being only the 1 forum.

Could contain: Text, File

On first glance, it looks to be something related to the browser. I'll send this up to the devs to see whether it is something that needs looking into.

I am using the latest version of Microsoft Edge and it takes me straight through to writing up the new topic in the Developer Connection forum.

Thanks for letting us know, @The Old Man. I'll follow up with any findings.

It's already been fixed on here (and is unrelated to the browers being used) by turning off the combined fluid view on the forum (it was in the "Community Managers ..." forum, not in this one, but the way)

Easy to reproduce:

1. Create a forum
  2. Create a sub-forum in that form
  3. Back to the first forum - go to display settings and enable combined fluid view in the display settings
  4. Go to the front-end and view the forum - click 'start new topic' and you get the dialog with 2 forums to choose from
  5. Back to the ACP - delete the sub-forum
  6. Back to the front-end, refresh the forum - click 'start new topic' and you get the dialog with only 1 forum to choose from
  7. Back to the ACP - edit the forum, look at the the combined fluid view setting and it is off (but it isn't really...click save and now it is)
  8. Back to the front-end, refresh the forum - click 'start new topic' and it now goes to the form as there is only one forum available, so no dialog.
Edited by Nathan Explosion