Fatal error: Cannot use "parent" when current class scope has no parent -- Anyone seen this before?

Hey Everyone,

So, I updated to the newest version today and got locked out of AdminCP.  Jim helped me get back in to the AdminCP -- disabled all plugins and applications.  Using default theme and I still get this error:

Fatal error: Cannot use "parent" when current class scope has no parent in /home/customer/www/taxidermy-talk.com/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(2703) : eval()'d code on line 41

This is the line.  I'm not a programmer so -- does anyone see anything wrong with this line?  Do I just take out the word parent?  Can't be that easy.

if ( eval( "namespace IPS\\Theme;\n\n" . str_replace( array( ' extends _HOOK_CLASS_', 'parent::hookData()' ), array( '_tmp', 'array()' ), file_get_contents( $path . '/' . $data['file'] ) ) ) !== FALSE )

Thank you in advance,

Robert

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

Hey Marc,

Its weird, I threw my hands up last night and rolled back to the last version of php and the site came up without any noticeable problems.  This morning I wanted to check something and turned php 8.0 back on and it now seems to be working.  Im still shaking my head but -- thank you to everyone who helped me on this.

Robert