attached image not seen when a bulk email is sent

Go to solution Solved by OptimusBain,

Hello,

I am using the bulk email to communicate with certain user groups. I inserted a small 600 pixels wide image in the message but the image is not seen when using my desktop email application on back or loading my emails on Gmail using Chrome or GMAIL app on my mobile. The image is not displayed hidden. I am running version 4.7.2.1 (latest one)

See attachment. I can see the image place holder in the email that I received. Checked it on my phone, tablet and desktop devices. The attached image is never seen. What am I doing wrong? Is this a known issue? 

Thanks a lot

Could contain: Word, Text, Page

Also...  one thing I've seen happen is if you have a firewall system or certain security settings on your host...  you could end up with content being blocked from being remotely loaded from remote sites.  

When it's opened in an email, it's not coming from your site...  so your server may end up blocking it.  

1 hour ago, Jim M said:

Is the image available publicly that these systems can access it? Are you using a custom email template? If so, please revert it.

If no to these, what is the name of the bulk email?

Image available pubicly? I just uploaded the unage abd inserted it in the editor. The email is sent to the MEMBER user group. I sent myself (admin) the enail and I could not the attachment either. 

The name of the bullk email is the last one, long-term sell off. I tested the bulj email before sending it with a free plugin created by @Ahmed Zaied the email is sent but attachment not seen.

Thanks

4 minutes ago, OptimusBain said:

Image available pubicly? I just uploaded the unage abd inserted it in the editor. The email is sent to the MEMBER user group. I sent myself (admin) the enail and I could not the attachment either. 

Thank you for clarifying. If you are uploading the image in the bulk editor, it should be. "Inserting image" could be from an URL which is why I asked if it was available publicly.

---

As you have a modified email wrapper template, I would advise storing your templates elsewhere and then reverting it to test again. Additionally, please disable any third party applications/plugins and test sending to your self via the software and not via a third party plugin.

1 hour ago, Jim M said:

Additionally, please disable any third party applications/plugins and test sending to your self via the software and not via a third party plugin

What do you mean exactly by sending the email to myself via the software and not via a third party plugin? I am sending it using sendgrid which is correctly configured in ACP and support it by IPS. Do you mean that I should disable send grade as well? 

What do you mean by disabling any third party applications or plugins? Do you mean disabling all of them or any related to sending emails? 

2 minutes ago, OptimusBain said:

What do you mean exactly by sending the email to myself via the software and not via a third party plugin? I am sending it using sendgrid which is correctly configured in ACP and support it by IPS. Do you mean that I should disable send grade as well? 

You mentioned you were using a third party plugin to send a test email. Please only use our software to send the email. You can use SendGrid.

2 minutes ago, OptimusBain said:

What do you mean by disabling any third party applications or plugins? Do you mean disabling all of them or any related to sending emails? 

All third party applications and plugins.

• Solution
59 minutes ago, Jim M said:

You mentioned you were using a third party plugin to send a test email. Please only use our software to send the email. You can use SendGrid.

I've located the problem. The issue is caused by a great plugin that let us send a test email from the bulk mail module... a VERY useful function that should be built-in.

If the plugin is enabled, the attachments won't be displayed in the emails received.

Thanks a lot