PayPal - Mark as paid needed (from admin) if user doesn't return to our site

Gauravk

While using PayPal, when the user completes the payment process (paid by credit card or paypal account), we immediately receive the payment received email.

When the user returns to our site from the payment completion page (by clicking "return to site"), his invoice automatically gets marked as paid.

But if the user does not return to our site from the payment completion page, his invoice shows pending, until the admin manually marks it as paid.

Support: Please advise which setting to tweak for marking PayPal invoice as paid as soon below email triggers, whether the user returns to our site from the same browser or not.

Thanks in advance.

Could contain: Text, Label

We have had this issue  for long time and switched to Stripe.

Re

9 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Yes. Please do not mark them. Theyt would not be immediately marked as paid, as paypal do not sent them immediately. I feel this may actually be what you are missing

No, that's not the case, unfortunately.

If a person doesn't return to carnity from the payment completion page, it will stay pending for days and days.

If a person returns, then everything works magically.

There you go now, check Invoice 12737

Could contain: Text, Page, Business Card, Paper, File

Sorry to appear like Im repeating things here, but you need to disable all 3rd party items and test this, and if you wish for us to then look further, allow us to do the same. I can then get your issue into a ticket. I have not seen this happening anywhere else, and actually the paypal transaction is coming in correctly (it shows approved in the transaction) so something else is going on there and we need to start ruling things out

6 minutes ago, Gauravk said:

Alright, sorry I missed that. Please go ahead and disable it and try to enable it as soon as you can.

We would never leave things off for any longer than absolutely needed. We certainly understand people use these things and wish for them to be enabled if possible. I have created a new ticket for you and excalated it to our developers, so we can get this looked into

3 minutes ago, Gauravk said:

Hi @Marc Stridgen Im afraid Charles isn't reachable over the email you've provided.

It's been over 6 hours and I have not received any reply to my 4 emails yet.

I simply request you to remind the advance support to diagnose the issue asap, so that we can manually mark as paid invoice for our paying member.

Sorry but it will take some time for our advanced support to look at your ticket and this will take longer than our typical support response times due to the advanced nature of your request.

Just now, Gauravk said:

Is there any other way, we can mark this invoice as paid, and once they open my ticket, ill provide them with a new pending invoice.

You would need to leave at least one in place so we have something to look at. If you want to create one yourself, then provide a new example, we can certainly look from that instead. Alternatively, if your user is awaiting access, can you not give them the user group access without marking that invoice temporarily?

Please note, our standard support (not advanced) can be up to 72 hours. Advanced can take longer at times. So you will need to have something in place for some time.

15 minutes ago, Gauravk said:

Hi @Marc Stridgen Im afraid Charles isn't reachable over the email you've provided.

Im not sure what you mean on this part, as I havent provided an email. 

Sorry for the delay but as mentioned in the information sent to you: I have escalated your request to that department and they will provide further assistance as quickly as possible. Due to the advanced nature of your request, please note that it may take longer than usual to fully address your concern. Please also note that advanced support is only available Monday through Friday. I apologize in advance for this delay.

Our advanced support works on a queue based system so someone will be in touch when it is your turn. However, you likely you won't hear anything till next week.