RSS for "Downloads" not grabbing correct Image.

I cannot seem to find any posts about this issue, so maybe there is something on my end?
I use online 3rd parties to repost my content to social media. I have been using Zapier as it is very fancy, but expensive. So I decided to try another service, and it reads my RSS, but then it was grabbing the first image in my description tag (So I thought!) I went to read over my RSS, and sure enough, the <Enclosure url="XXX" is the first image in the description tag. 
It should be showing the main thumbnail image instead. I went over to a few other sites that I KNOW use the Invision Community, but they are always a few updates behind, and they are not having this issue. I have been disabling 3rd party apps trying to figure out what could be causing this but none of them seem to make a difference. is anyone else having this issue?

lol. Sorry, I didn't even think of that. The one I am currently working with is THIS one.
If I post a link to any social media, the Embed always grabs the correct image, but the RSS instead shows the first image in the description instead. I played around and made an RSS for Forums, one for Pages, etc., and all of those seem to work correctly. It's just my Downloads, and the issue is the URL in the "Enclosure" node. I am currently building a C# application and I'm using my RSS feeds to grab some information for the application. but this is a real hang up.

Before we go any further through this, please update your site to the latest release of the software. You appear to be a version behind (soon to be 2).

You would then need to ensure the user you have on file has access to see the items in that feed if you still have an issue. We dont seem to have that access at the moment unfortunately.

My father passed away 2 weeks ago so I took a step back to deal with my life, and since the next one was soon to come out, I was going to just wait until next came out. I will go ahead and update and I will update 3rd party apps as well, and run thru all my processes again and I will report back here once I have exhausted all my tests and ideas. 

1 hour ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Very sorry to hear about your father. Please let us know once you have managed to get that done, and we can take a closer look if needed.

Thank you. I have now updated everything and I have the same result. I must also ask, is there a place in the ACP where I can append the RSS, basically where I can add an author node for example? or is the only way to edit such, is by editing the PHP?  I do realize I could obtain all this information via Webhooks, but I am still learning webhooks at the moment. It would easily solve many issues, but for now I am going to create things based off of RSS. I have created a Forum which is filled with content that is imported via RSS, and that works perfect. But when I am grabbing my own RSS that is exporting an RSS feed of my downloads, everything is all messed up. I can read my RSS from Forums (Topics actually), and that is all good. I would compare using this website, but Invision doesn't post an RSS for Downloads.

As far as asking to be able to edit (Or add info to) the RSS, I'm asking is there a way to add information like "Author" for example, the person who posted the content. I noticed there is no "Author" node. As most places usually have Author included as well as a few other things. I was wondering if there was a tool, I may have overlooked that may allow us website owners to add more nodes inside the "Item" categories.
Could contain: Text

As we all know, Information is great, the more I can provide, the more that others can take advantage of and make use with. There is a fine line between too much info, and not enough. I think by default, there is just not enough, and I would like to add to it. Of course, if it has to be done via PHP, then that is something out of my skill set, but if it is in a setting somewhere (Which i cannot find) then That would be just awesome!

But honestly, I should have asked this in a different Forum. I am mainly trying to fix my RSS feed, then I would like to be able to add information to it.

• 1 month later...