August 26, 2022 in Technical Problems
My editor has started noticing a strange problem that did not exist previously. For each of the last few weeks, whenever he publishes an article, it does not appear at the top of the list of articles, instead, it is at the end. This happens regardless of whether he is writing the article directly into the CMS or is copying or promoting from a topic
Through a process of elimination, we have determined that ALL affected articles have the same issue. The entry for each article in the DB has a record_saved field with the date but the field in the database called record_publish_date always shows 0. If I manually copy the record saved date to the other field it displays as intended but if i create an article and just save it, the database entry shows 0 and its nowhere to be seen on front page.
thought perhaps there may be an issue with using 'immediately' as a setting for publish, but created a second test article and used the date instead and still record_publish_date is 0.
Suggestions? Advice? Pointers?
Could I please confirm you have applied all patches in ACP -> Support?
Yes, no patches showing up (running 4.7.1 of everything). Only recommendation that comes up is to not use cloudflare but no effect if we switch that off so we switched it back on again.
We have a custom theme (from marketplace) as well as custom templates for pages (Supergrid) also have copy_topic and promote_posts_to_articles plugins but reverting to default template and disabling all of these also had no effect.
Please ensure our account on file has access to your ACP.
We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section.
We look forward to further assisting you.
Please try now. I have this account set to lowest permissions until I need it. Have made it an admin now. Also changed/updated the password and entered it in the profile for this purchase as requested.
I had not changed FTP info recently but have updated this also.
Thank you, taking a closer look at your settings here and comparing what is happening with a test install. I have concluded that there are some sorting issues when viewing by category in the software. However, there is currently a bug for some Pages Database sorting issues already in our queue so we will review this with that task. Thanks again for reporting this!
Started 3 hours ago
Started April 24, 2015
Started September 9, 2016