Not possible to dismiss an Alert in Mobile

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

18 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

Can you check again?

Could you please check this on a default unaltered theme? If this is still the same issue, we need to know what browser and operating system you are using  there, and will need all access details to be populated. You appear to be missing some. 

An example user who is seeing that would also be good if possible

@Marc Stridgeni updated the Access Information.

A created a new clean theme and the issue still happens. I can also replicate it with the desktop browser, i just need to resize the window till the dismiss button disappears. 

In the mobile im using Android 10 with the last Chrome version. 

The user i gave you access have the alert active so you can test it.

Here is a screen recording of it happening:

12 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Unfortunately, I am not able to reproduce this myself on my test instance with the same text. Only difference is I have the patch. Could you please apply the patch in ACP -> Support then retest?

I installed the last patch and it still happens.

Can you send me an alert here so i can test with the mobile and desktop browser?

11 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Sent you one.

Ok, no issues, and i found what was causing mine.

If i create a alert with just text or an embed link, no issues.
If i create an Alert with a link that occupies more than 1 line like my example, the issue happens.

Now that i know why this happens, i won't do it anymore, but it can break a site for all users using Mobile, and the Admin won't even notice because he doesn't receive the Alert.

Edited by RevengeFNF

3 minutes ago, RevengeFNF said:

Ok, no issues, and i found what was causing mine.

If i create a alert with just text or an embed link, no issues.
If i create an Alert with a link that occupies more than 1 line like my example, the issue happens.

Now that i know why this happens, i won't do it anymore, but it can break a site for all users using Mobile, and the Admin won't even notice because he doesn't receive the Alert.

Copying the same content from your alert, I am not seeing this but if you leave the alert up for our user, I can have this investigated further by our dev team.

• 1 month later...

Hi @Jim M,

I had the same kind of issue.

I just created my first Alert and received emails from users.

No problem on desktop but when on Smartphone, I could not read the whole message (box bigger than screen, not scrollable nor on the left or the right). 

But most of all, I could not see DISMISS to close the Alert if watching my phone vertically.

I only could see DISMISS when switching to the horizontal view.

I have 2 questions regarding this:

• does this happen because my sentences were too long? 🤭
  • is there a way to translate DISMISS (I went to my French translation but did not see the possibility when searching for it)?

I am not that tech savvy so I may not be able to help you the way @RevengeFNF could help you. Sorry about that.

Thanks for your help!

Edited by VahnPetit