Error when applying the latest update.

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

Invision version 4.5 (I think)
PHP version 7.4.30
MySQL version 5.6.51-cll-lve

I get this error when I try to update:

Some source files are not correct for the current version. If you uploaded the files to your server manually, the process may have failed or not completed yet. Download the latest version from your client area and upload the files again in order to continue.

The files in questions are all the files in the /applications/ directory. What permissions should these files have?

I did a restore to start over. I am unable to login to the AdminCP. I get the following error. I thought this error was caused by the failed upgrade, but the problem existed before I tried the upgrade. Help.

EX1054 Something went wrong. Please try again.

REPLACE INTO `core_sys_cp_sessions` ( `session_id`, `session_ip_address`, `session_member_name`, `session_member_id`, `session_location`, `session_log_in_time`, `session_running_time`, `session_url`, `session_app_data`, `session_cookie_key` ) VALUES ( 'a4900a139acad7836c2afa523d', '184.4.87.5', 'Guest', 0, 'app=core&module=system&controller=login', 0, 1658029211, IPS\Http\Url\Internal::__set_state(array(
   'base' => 'admin',
   'isInternal' => true,
   'isFriendly' => false,
   'url' => 'http://widda.org/web/admin/''adsess=a42900a1398adc7ad27836c2afa5323d&app=core&module=system&controller=login&ref=',
   'data' => 
  array (
    'scheme' => 'http',
    'host' => 'widda.org',
    'port' => NULL,
    'user' => NULL,
    'pass' => NULL,
    'path' => '/web/admin/',
    'query' => 'adsess=a42900a1398adc7ad27836c2afa5323d&app=core&module=system&controller=login&ref=',
    'fragment' => NULL,
  ),
   'queryString' => 
  array (
    'adsess' => 'a42900a1398adc7ad27836c2afa5323d',
    'app' => 'core',
    'module' => 'system',
    'controller' => 'login',
    'ref' => '',
  ),
   'hiddenQueryString' => 
  array (
  ),
)), 'e08d18d2c8af2ffe95d86f820aee4cc6', ? )
IPS\Db\Exception: Unknown column 'session_cookie_key' in 'field list' (1054)
#0 /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/system/Db/Db.php(838): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\Session\\_...', Array)
#1 /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/system/Session/Admin.php(123): IPS\_Db->replace('core_sys_cp_ses...', Array)
#2 [internal function]: IPS\Session\_Admin->write('a42900a1398adc7...', '')
#3 /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/system/Session/Session.php(161): session_regenerate_id()
#4 /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/core/modules/admin/system/login.php(192): IPS\_Session->setMember(Object(IPS\Member))
#5 /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/core/modules/admin/system/login.php(84): IPS\core\modules\admin\system\_login->_doLogin(Object(IPS\Member))
#6 /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\core\modules\admin\system\_login->manage()
#7 /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

Please ensure that you restored your files if you are attempting a restore. Currently, the database has not be upgraded.

If you're still getting this issue and you restore both files and database. The database restore does not appear to be complete and is missing columns/tables.

9 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

We would need more information as mentioned above, however you also need to ensure your access details on file are up to date if you require any assistance.

I have updated the access information. I do not know what the Admin CP .htaccess is referring to.

On 7/17/2022 at 10:46 AM, Miss_B said:

What restore did you try and how exactly did you do it? The more details you give the better.

I did a full restore on the files and the database to the latest backup. I did an ftp file copy and then I went to the cPanel access to restore the database. 

1 hour ago, Jim M said:

Your files and database are not from the same version thus what you're experiencing would be correct. Please restore the files and database from the same version.

I have restored the files and database again. The site is back online, but when I try to access the Admin CP I get the error posted above.

3 minutes ago, Lewis Holleman said:

I have restored the files and database again. The site is back online, but when I try to access the Admin CP I get the error posted above.

Correct. As the files and database are from different versions, you will continue to get this till you upload files from the same version.

20 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Correct. As the files and database are from different versions, you will continue to get this till you upload files from the same version.

How do I know which versions I am dealing with?

3 minutes ago, Lewis Holleman said:

How do I know which versions I am dealing with?

Can I download the files to match the database? 

1 minute ago, Jim M said:

Ideally, you would have a full backup of both your files and database in one. As you are getting a mix, you would need to try a different backup or proceed with the 4.7 upgrade.

I would love to do the 4.7 upgrade. That's what I was trying to do when I encountered the error since it requires to login to the Admin CP account, which I cannot do...

2 minutes ago, Lewis Holleman said:

I would love to do the 4.7 upgrade. That's what I was trying to do when I encountered the error since it requires to login to the Admin CP account, which I cannot do...

You would need to manually upload files if you cannot login to the ACP.

35 minutes ago, Jim M said:

You would need to manually upload files if you cannot login to the ACP.

This is the error I get when I manually upload the 4.7.0 files and run the installer. I have tried uploading the files again and get the same error. How do I get the versions correct to run the updater?

File Check

Some source files are not correct for the current version. If you uploaded the files to your server manually, the process may have failed or not completed yet. Download the latest version from your client area and upload the files again in order to continue.

If you are sure the files have been uploaded correctly, make sure the permissions are set correctly on them.

• /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/Application.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/api/converters.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/extensions/core/Queue/DeleteEmptyTopics.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/extensions/core/Queue/InvisionCommunityRebuildContent.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/extensions/core/Queue/RebuildContent.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/extensions/core/Queue/RebuildConversationFirstIds.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/extensions/core/Queue/RebuildFirstPostIds.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/extensions/core/Queue/RebuildGalleryImages.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/extensions/core/Queue/RebuildNonContent.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/extensions/core/Queue/RebuildProfilePhotos.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/extensions/core/Queue/RebuildTagCache.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/extensions/core/Queue/RecountAnswerRatings.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/extensions/core/Queue/RecountClubMembers.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/extensions/core/Queue/RecountQuestionRatings.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/hooks/Db.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/hooks/FrontDispatcher.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/hooks/LegacyParser.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/hooks/LoginHandler.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/modules/admin/manage/convert.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/modules/admin/manage/create.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/modules/admin/manage/manage.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/setup/upg_100000/upgrade.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/setup/upg_101003/upgrade.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/setup/upg_101006/upgrade.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/setup/upg_101007/upgrade.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/setup/upg_101079/postUpgrade.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/setup/upg_103000/upgrade.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/setup/upg_104021/upgrade.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/setup/upg_33001/upgrade.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/App.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Exception.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Form/Reactionmapper.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Library.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Library/Blog.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Library/Board.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Library/Calendar.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Library/Ccs.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Library/Cms.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Library/Core.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Library/Downloads.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Library/Forums.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Library/Gallery.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Library/Nexus.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Login.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Login/HashCryptPrivate.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Login/PasswordHash.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Software.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Software/Blog/Vbulletin.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Software/Calendar/Mybb.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Software/Calendar/Vbulletin.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Software/Cms/Joomla.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Software/Cms/Vbulletin.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Software/Cms/Wordpress.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Software/Cms/Xenforo.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Software/Cms/Xenfororm.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Software/Core/Expressionengine.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Software/Core/Invisioncommunity.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Software/Core/Joomla.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Software/Core/Mybb.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Software/Core/Photopost.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Software/Core/Phpbb.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Software/Core/Phpmyforum.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Software/Core/Punbb.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Software/Core/Smf.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Software/Core/UBBthreads.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Software/Core/Vanilla.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Software/Core/Vbulletin.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Software/Core/Vbulletin5.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Software/Core/Woltlab.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Software/Core/Wordpress.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Software/Core/Wpforo.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Software/Core/Xenforo.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Software/Downloads/Invisioncommunity.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Software/Downloads/Xenforo.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Software/Exception.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Software/Forums/Bbpress.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Software/Forums/Expressionengine.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Software/Forums/Invisioncommunity.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Software/Forums/Mybb.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Software/Forums/Phpbb.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Software/Forums/Phpmyforum.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Software/Forums/Punbb.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Software/Forums/Smf.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Software/Forums/UBBthreads.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Software/Forums/Vanilla.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Software/Forums/Vbulletin.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Software/Forums/Vbulletin5.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Software/Forums/Woltlab.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Software/Forums/Wpforo.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Software/Forums/Xenforo.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Software/Gallery/Coppermine.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Software/Gallery/Invisioncommunity.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Software/Gallery/Photoplog.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Software/Gallery/Photopost.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Software/Gallery/Vbulletin.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Software/Gallery/Xenforo.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Tools/Vanilla/Parsedown/Parsedown.php
  • /home/cfmain/public_html/widda2/web/applications/convert/sources/Tools/Xenforo.php