ACP API Config Issue NGINX since Update 4.6.12

Unfortunately, same thing:

Error:    Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Error:    Failed to retrieve directory listing

Please try logging in with the exact access details provided. You may wish to hire a server administrator if you are unsure or uncomfortable how to setup FTP access correctly.

2 hours ago, Jim M said:

Unfortunately, same thing:

Error:    Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Error:    Failed to retrieve directory listing

Please try logging in with the exact access details provided. You may wish to hire a server administrator if you are unsure or uncomfortable how to setup FTP access correctly.

Can you PM me the IPv4 you will use to connect please? I think the firewall is blocking it and I don't want to disable it for obv reason x)

Thank you for providing access.

Things seem setup correctly so you would need to ensure that both the following Apache modules are configured correctly on your server:

• mod_setenvif
  • mod_rewrite

Please also disable CloudFlare to ensure that the authorization headers are able to be passed unimpeded. 

15 hours ago, Jim M said:

Thank you for providing access.

Things seem setup correctly so you would need to ensure that both the following Apache modules are configured correctly on your server:

• mod_setenvif
  • mod_rewrite

Please also disable CloudFlare to ensure that the authorization headers are able to be passed unimpeded. 

Both mods are enabled and working.
I can only disable CF on the API URL level but not on the whole page for obv reasons. 😮

edit: ok its related to CF and the headers, any idea how this is fixable without having a giant security risk in terms of ddos and stuff?

Edited by ZLTRGO

On 6/28/2022 at 5:26 AM, ZLTRGO said:

edit: ok its related to CF and the headers, any idea how this is fixable without having a giant security risk in terms of ddos and stuff?

You would need to reach out to CF for assistance.

9 hours ago, Randy Calvert said:

You could create a cloudflare rule to turn off WAF or whatever was blocking it for just that one URL or folder. 

I tried that, but it seems they are replacing the authorization headers even if all security is disabled on that URL.

One way would be to use a "Worker" that renames the authorization header that it gets to something else, but then IPB API check wouldn't understand what's happening 😕

CF support is the worst 😞 takes ages to answer.