Member registrations and other account issues

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

Good morning,

I was recently making changes to some member groups.  I have a group named Newbie and and when a new registration is attempted they get a registration email and when you click the link it does take you to the site however.

1. Only shows the site advertisement, menu but no matter the link clicked in the menu it always goes to the STORE.  This happens even if I manually create an account.
  2. Old members in that group still access the site like normal no changes.
  3. I have a rule for default account going to newbie group and after they post 1 message it changes them to Member +

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

• Solution

Thank you, getting back to your original numbered list:

1. Currently, you have it set that all new registrants must purchase a product before registering but have no products available to these groups. There is a bug open internally to better check this prior to redirecting but it brings a better question on your site as you have no products available for these groups, why keep this enabled? To disable it, go to ACP -> Commerce -> Store -> Settings -> Purchase Settings -> disable "Force users to make a purchase when registering?"
  2. No real response here but let us know if you have a question here.
  3. This is due to your Group Promotion rule of moving Newbies to Members +. You can edit or delete this in ACP -> Members -> Group Promotions.

Yes I did want the rule to promote and that has been working,  Did not realize I had them set to purchase anything so it must be doing it for Members+ as well.  Will check and fix.  Thanks for you help I have it all straightened out.  The extra eyes always helps