Let Admin add members (groups even?) to a Follow?

LiquidFractal

I think it would be great if, as Admin, I could manually have members (or perhaps even groups?) Follow a forum, Club, gallery, etc. using the existing Follow menu with an added admin-only option.

I use the Clubs module to create private spaces for my work with clients, and thus it's essential that they receive notification when I post or reply in their spaces. It's easy enough to show them how the Clubs components work, but it would save some time (for me anyway) if, as Admin, I was able to manually add them.  Basically, if I don't show them how to click Follow they won't do it (which poses issues for time-sensitive projects).  I can always log in as a member and click Follow to add them, but this would save lots of time in the end.

I don't know if there might be privacy issues regarding this, but the way I see it there are theoretically more privacy issues involved with my logging in as member X and clicking Follow anyway!

4 minutes ago, LiquidFractal said:

I think it would be great if, as Admin, I could manually have members (or perhaps even groups?) Follow a forum, Club, gallery, etc. using the existing Follow menu with an added admin-only option.

I know it’s a feature suggestion for the Core and you probably already know but there’s a marketplace resource to accomplish that just in case you don’t want to wait.

18 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

I know it’s a feature suggestion for the Core and you probably already know but there’s a marketplace resource to accomplish that just in case you don’t want to wait.

For groups, does it automatically auto follow/unfollow for people in the group if they get promoted into it (via Commerce as an example)?

On 2/14/2022 at 11:31 AM, Adriano Faria said:

Thanks for the info Adriano, and in fact I had no idea there was a marketplace resource for this (although of course these things are always better baked into the Core).  Do you happen to remember what it's called?

Edited by LiquidFractal

On 2/14/2022 at 8:09 PM, Adriano Faria said:

No, it isn't automatic. It requires the admin action (click in the button).

Could you maybe add that features? :o Would be good to keep Customers/People in a certain role, update with a product/forum. So they can't say "We weren't informed" or smth :P