4.6.10 upgrade failed

TDBF
Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

My live forum is currently down due to an issue with the installer.

Can I have some assistance please?

if ( \IPS\STORE_METHOD === 'FileSystem' )
            {
                $config = json_decode( \IPS\STORE_CONFIG, TRUE );
                $path = str_replace( '{root}', \IPS\ROOT_PATH, $config['path'] );
                if ( !is_dir( $path ) or !is_writable( $path ) )
                {
                    \IPS\Output::i()->sendOutput( \IPS\Theme::i()->getTemplate( 'global', 'core' )->globalTemplate( \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->language()->addToStack('upgrade_error'), '', \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->language()->addToStack( 'create_conf_global', FALSE, array( 'sprintf' => array( $path ) ) ), \IPS\ROOT_PATH ), 200, 'text/html', array(), FALSE );
                }
            }

The value $config is empty.

3 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Have you reuploaded with a fresh download? I ask that question even given what you said above, as there was a patch write patched an issue.

I would say however, that the image you got in the first instance seems that you overwrote the directory entirely rather than just overwriting files that already exist.

Marc,

I updated from the admin area, and did not do update manually. As far as I am aware, this would have been the latest version. If the latest patch was less than the time from when I posted, then it is the latest patch.

I have downloaded the latest version from here, uploaded it and still getting the same error.

Edited by TDBF

Just now, Marc Stridgen said:

No problem. Please let us know if you then have any further issues on the upgrade

Actually, I would prefer someone to have a look at this or I will lose over 12 hours of posts.

Even if I upload a previous version, I still get the upgrade notice and if I upload the latest version I get the above error.

I have updated my test site with no problems, with the exact same update and files.

• Solution

It seems there was an issue with your constants file and corrupt datastore entries. I have set that back to its default so if you had a specific datastore directory, you will need to redo that. If not, then leave it as it is. Either way, I'm sure you will be happy to know your upgrade is done and your site is back online.

Marc,

Thank you very much you are a gem!

1 minute ago, Marc Stridgen said:

It seems there was an issue with your constants file and corrupt datastore entries. I have set that back to its default so if you had a specific datastore directory, you will need to redo that. If not, then leave it as it is. Either way, I'm sure you will be happy to know your upgrade is done and your site is back online.

Thank you,

Much appreciated, this install is from 3.4 and has a lot of entries from that version.