Domain replacement

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

• Solution

As a self hosted customer, you would simply do the following

• Move your site to the new location if you are moving it. You may find the following guideance helpful with this if you are unsure - 
  • Once done, you would go to your client area, select your license, and select "change URL"

Note that this must be done before you add any redirects from the old URL to the new URL

spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png
spacer.png

Hi MATIS FLORIN PASTOREL,

You have received this email because a license URL reset request has been made on your Invision Power Services account. Click the button below to confirm. If you did not request this, please contact us immediately and do not click the link below.

Pay Fee and Reset License URL

Hello, I did a test for 1 day, I do not agree to pay $ 15 for this, please help me to replace the domain gatim-impreuna.ro with the new domain forum-auto.info

Screenshot_4.jpg

6 minutes ago, Ghost Face said:

I'm sorry if this isn't the appropriate topic to ask, but why are you charging people $15 to change their licensed URL? I guess this is somewhat to combat abuse, but wouldn't a simple cooldown be enough? 

You get 1 free license URL reset every 6 months with an active license. Beyond that there is a charge of $15 to combat abuse of people license swapping/hopping for applications, support, etc... which was/has been an issue. You also get a Test URL with a self-hosted license.

We, of course, are rather understanding as we aren't going to get rich off these $15 reset prices 🙂 and like here, can change it when it is brought up when there is a good reason for it.

To give an example...  when I was first moving a live site from Xenforo to IPB...  I needed to do a "mock conversion" to make sure I could get through a conversion without having my site offline for a day and nothing to show for it.  As a result, I had to install my IPB installation in a different hostname.  Because of SSL issues, I had to change it again.  

IPS staff helped waive this for me so that I could get the conversion actually done and then moved to the final live domain once ready.  Generally it's a system designed to prevent abuse.  If they see you're not abusing it, they're pretty flexible working with you to make sure you don't get impacted.  

30 minutes ago, Jim M said:

You get 1 free license URL reset every 6 months with an active license. Beyond that there is a charge of $15 to combat abuse of people license swapping/hopping for applications, support, etc... which was/has been an issue. You also get a Test URL with a self-hosted license.

We, of course, are rather understanding as we aren't going to get rich off these $15 reset prices 🙂 and like here, can change it when it is brought up when there is a good reason for it.

Oh I knew about the Test URL but didn't know that you get one free change every 6 months. That makes perfect sense though. Thanks for explaining!