Rebuilding existing images

Go to solution Solved by Stuart Silvester,

Hi. After rebuild all existing images, the thumbnail size is correct, but the size in the post remains the same.

I set the thumbnail size to 800px but in the post it is still the same size.

rebuilding.png.f1fe9eca79f1a5715cb4c365399c41e2.png

The "width" attribute is not dynamic? 😕 

Edited by SeNioR-

its attached image

d323423d23d.png.2c275214653fe6c5db8a20e709555493.png

Additionally, if we set 1000x1000 for Maximum image dimensions to save and display, the thumbnail is still the same size as before, it is not rebuilt.

thumbnail.png.c6b5d9ef83adecee81f12f3cae196b30.png

It seems logical because theoretically the miniature is not created then, but should it not be removed or something?

Edited by SeNioR-

While I am not able to get as far as you have here, I do see an issue which will need to be further investigated and I will also have them investigate this.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention! I can confirm this should be further reviewed and I have logged an internal bug report for our development team to investigate and address as necessary, in a future maintenance release.

• 2 months later...
  • Solution

For lazy loading, images must have a width attribute so the page doesn't jump around whilst it's loading (this also applies when we do native lazy loading). This isn't something we're going to address at this time since it's a little involved and would require rebuilding any post with an attachment.