User reported: This webpage using significant energy.

I am not sure what to tell them they are using Safari doesn't look like they have any extensions loaded. 

I only have google analytics running. 

When I inspected my page I seen the same warnings about deprecated jQuery same as here. 

I did see this error, not sure where that is coming from.
 1881755724_ScreenShot2022-01-14at11_53_49AM.thumb.png.d2d342f4b1e4fa8e8520b23b7bac5beb.png

• 2 weeks later...

I only know this from websites left open and active with extensive background activity, like a live JavaScript stock chart or video playback. I am not sure how a forum should produce this. Stuff like Google Analytics is just processed once during the page load. It doesn’t create the permanent energy drain that is typical for that warning. You might need to narrow down the pages where this happens and what users are doing or not doing. Maybe some ad slot creates permanent JavaScript activity? Or something like that. In addition, it might help to ask them about hard and software used. I guess for a very outdated Mac, many website can be too much. 

Remember… IPB does have background activities going on. For example the worker that checks for new private messages, or updates of new posts while reading a thread. These are not high resource activities, but if you combine that with a person having 50 other tabs open and other programs running … it could contribute to a lack of resources.