meta tag not working properly

13 minutes ago, SeNioR- said:

You don't have friendly urls.

Go to ACP > SITE PROMOTION > Search Engine Optimization.

Turn on Enable Friendly URLs? and Rewrite URLs?

BTW metatag description is not for keyword spam, you should add a description that is simple and friendly to search engines.

i just turn friendly url on and its work or i have to do some thing else also.

and i didn't add the description?  i think its description i add , or i have to add some where else?

You still don't have a friendly url. Download the .htacces file from ACP and upload it to the main forum directory.

14 minutes ago, Howard L Martinez said:

and i didn't add the description?  i think its description i add , or i have to add some where else?

You did, but the description doesn't follow SEO basics.

Edited by SeNioR-

8 minutes ago, SeNioR- said:

You still don't have a friendly url. Download the .htacces file from ACP and upload it to the main forum directory.

You did, but the description doesn't follow SEO basics.

i have already .htaccess file in my cpanel and its not that one which is in my ACP what i do replace the text or add this text also or replace the file or i think the .htaccess in my cpanel have same thing like .htacess i have in ACP 

and what is the problem in my description by the way ?

Edited by Howard L Martinez

4 hours ago, Howard L Martinez said:

i have already .htaccess file in my cpanel and its not that one which is in my ACP what i do replace the text or add this text also or replace the file or i think the .htaccess in my cpanel have same thing like .htacess i have in ACP 

and what is the problem in my description by the way ?

I would recommend taking advantage of this time and working with your hosting provider to see what you need in the .htaccess. If it is nothing, you can use the one from the ACP. If you need items in your existing .htaccess, you will want to copy the script from the ACP's .htaccess you downloaded and put it in your existing .htaccess. Once you're done, you'll want to test for any issues.

• 1 month later...