Can't edit a post

On 10/8/2021 at 2:17 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

This is usually caused by issues server side. Check for mod_security issues being logged first of all. 

Also, I would highly advise you upgrade your site. You seem to be significantly behind on updates there

Problem was I couldn’t update due to old hosting not having necessary php version.
Got godaddy to upgrade it, but it doesn’t show on forum side I have php5.6. In CPanel shows it is upgraded.
So I’m stuck in this old version forum because I can’t update. Can’t even move it to my new hosting plan because it would have errors being stuck on the old php.

I’m not a IT guy, so I do t know how to resolve this issue.

Oh, and GoDaddy was no help.

54 minutes ago, John_C said:

Problem was I couldn’t update due to old hosting not having necessary php version.
Got godaddy to upgrade it, but it doesn’t show on forum side I have php5.6. In CPanel shows it is upgraded.
So I’m stuck in this old version forum because I can’t update. Can’t even move it to my new hosting plan because it would have errors being stuck on the old php.

I’m not a IT guy, so I do t know how to resolve this issue.

Oh, and GoDaddy was no help.

I would advise checking for .htaccess or local php.ini files in your installation directory which are implementing PHP 5.6. A server can run multiple versions of PHP and often there are files like this present setting specific directories to other versions.

Regarding the original issue, this is a server problem (as Marc mentioned). You mentioned GoDaddy was no help, was that in relation to the PHP version issue or this? If the latter, I would suggest going back to them and asking them to re-investigate. If you do have mod_security enabled, have them temporarily disable to test.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2021 at 2:39 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

@John_C did you manage to get this resolved?

I never got back to working on it as I've been swamped at work.

I've been doing 13 out of 14 days 12 hours a day because of staff shortage. 

I'm really tired of GoDaddy.

How much does Invision Community charge to move a forum to Invision Community hosting?

If you take a look at the plans here, these are what we could move you to. If thats something you are interested in, we can get a ticket created for you, and one of our team can walk you through the process of getting you over to the cloud instance. In your situation, it can indeed be very beneficial as you dont need to think about hosting at all. Thats for us to sort out.