Pm on Group Change

• 1 month later...

This looks useful. Just a suggestion for future releases; it would be great if upon the notification it was possible to detail what the change involves (depending on the newly acquired user group).

For example: "Your group has been changed to Advanced Members, as such you'll be able to upload bigger files, access the VIP area of our forum, etc, etc".

On 9/30/2021 at 5:55 AM, PPlanet said:

This looks useful. Just a suggestion for future releases; it would be great if upon the notification it was possible to detail what the change involves (depending on the newly acquired user group).

For example: "Your group has been changed to Advanced Members, as such you'll be able to upload bigger files, access the VIP area of our forum, etc, etc".

IThat is alreasy possible. You can enter whatever text you wish at the pm message body at the app 's settings page.

On 10/2/2021 at 8:34 PM, Miss_B said:

IThat is alreasy possible. You can enter whatever text you wish at the pm message body at the app 's settings page.

But can the message be different depending on the user group the person is moved to? (Sorry, I only ask because I can only go by the screenshots here, and somehow I got the impression that the message is the same regardless of user group).

29 minutes ago, PPlanet said:

But can the message be different depending on the user group the person is moved to? (Sorry, I only ask because I can only go by the screenshots here, and somehow I got the impression that the message is the same regardless of user group).

You can change the message anytime you move a member to a different group. Say for example, you want to move a member to a V.I.P group, you enter your custom message and then you move members to that group. If you want to move a member to a different group, you change the pm message again and so on. Please let me know if you will have any additional questions.

10 minutes ago, Miss_B said:

You can change the message anytime you move a member to a different group. Say for example, you want to move a member to a V.I.P group, you enter your custom message and then you move members to that group. If you want to move a member to a different group, you change the pm message again and so on. Please let me know if you will have any additional questions.

Ah okay, but what I had in mind was these messages happening automatically with the promotions. Basically the way one old application for IPB 3 used to work. You could select a different message depending on the new user group the member is automatically moved to, and the system would trigger the message letting he or she know.

In any case, I've just bought it, because I can give it some use the way it works right now anyway.

Cheers!

5 hours ago, PPlanet said:

Ah okay, but what I had in mind was these messages happening automatically with the promotions. Basically the way one old application for IPB 3 used to work. You could select a different message depending on the new user group the member is automatically moved to, and the system would trigger the message letting he or she know.

In any case, I've just bought it, because I can give it some use the way it works right now anyway.

Cheers!

Can you please link me to that application so I can take a look at it?

3 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Tip: you can use the Group Form extension (a new tab will be added to the ACP group form) and store the data on a separated table then check the group id of the new group and retrieve the proper message.

I never thought of that. I will certainly keep it in mind. Thank you for the tip :)

9 hours ago, Miss_B said:

Can you please link me to that application so I can take a look at it?

I don't think there are many traces of it on this site, but it was called "(M30) Auto PM on X posts" and it was made by Michael.J (Devfuse). No idea why he discontinued it when IPB 3 became IPS 4.

So, it wasn't exactly thought for group changes exclusively, but as I've always used post count for changes of primary groups, it did the job for me anyway.

• 6 months later...