Hump Day: share one of your community building goals

hump.png

Happy Hump Day, team! 

In case you missed it, we have a bumpin' topic asking for feedback/ideas regarding Achievements - we'd like to implement a few "quick wins" based off of your suggestions, so if you haven't already please check out that topic and submit a reply. It'd be greatly appreciated!

We also have a topic on the way regarding Spam Improvements - ideas you think would benefit the platform. Hold off on sharing those in this topic please - for now just think about it - that topic will drop on Friday so get ready :ph34r:

Because it's a new month, I wanted to focus this post on goal-setting. I know, I know, it's corny, but setting goals is imperative for community growth. It's hard to know what direction your community is headed in without them. You wouldn't hop in your car without a destination in mind first would you? (Unless you want to drive aimlessly, which is a goal anyway.)

What is one goal you'd like to have your community achieve by the end of the year? Drop it in the comments! It'll hold yourself accountable and will be fun to look back on in a few months. It doesn't need to be crazy - keep it simple! Looking forward to seeing them (don't be shy!). 

As always, here are this week's roundup of changes/fixes/updates:

- Fixed an issue where anonymous users may be cached in Who's Online blocks.

- Fixed an issue where a reserved keyword is used (specific to MySQL 8.0.17/18)

- Fixed an issue where a large file description may not save if it is larger than 64kb.

- Made a minor change to ensure the registration page is not cached by a web browser.

- Fixed an issue where legacy deleted posts are not removed correctly when upgrading from Invision Community 3.x.

- Fixed an issue where the notifications page could throw an exception while trying to return notification data from plugins or not existing notification extensions.

- Fixed an issue where the Billing Agreements synchronisation task wouldn't check payments via PayPal Subscriptions API.

- Fixed incorrect timezone detection for users in Argentina.

- Removed few occurrences from the in 4.6 removed notification sounds setting.

- Fixed an issue where weekly recurring events with no end date could display one day off

- Removed few occurrences from the in 4.6 removed notification sounds setting.

- Fixed an issue where weekly recurring events with no end date could display one day off (Calendar)

- Fixed an issue with the SQL toolbox pagination when a table prefix was being used.

- Fixed an issue where long group username styles in Xenforo could cause a database error.

- When building applications on Windows, Javascript/Themes imports will use \n line endings.

- Fixed an issue where weekly recurring events with no end date could display one day off.

- Fixed birthdays not showing on the initial Calendar view when only one calendar is present.

- Fixed an issue where the CVC/Address/ZIP checks were unavailable on Stripe payment intents in the AdminCP.

- Fixed an issue where following a member can send a notification if you choose to follow anonymously.

- Fixed an error when a restricted admin attempted to add moderators.

- Fixed an issue where some admin control panel profile blocks could show if the features were disabled. 

- Fixed an issue where a large file description may not save if it is larger than 64kb.

Sending you all good vibes! 

I'll go first btw: I would love for my community to reach 80,000 members. It's at ~76K currently. 

• Management
10 minutes ago, Yamamura said:

@Jordan Invision I think you should give more different names to topics. Or publish all weekly changelogs in one topic. It seems that many users, when they see the words "Hump Day" in the list of topics, think that this is one of the old topics and do not even open it.

He literally gives every single hump day topic a different title 🙂 

16 minutes ago, Charles said:

He literally gives every single hump day topic a different title 🙂 

Yes, but not everyone reads the full topic name or remembers the name of the previous topic. For example, I accidentally noticed that this is a new topic (by the number of replies), at first I thought it was one of the old topics.

PS I would like to create an activity stream with Jordan's new topics so that I can be notified of new "Hump Day" topics, but I am not sure how 😩

1 hour ago, Yamamura said:

@Jordan Invision I think you should give more different names to topics. Or publish all weekly changelogs in one topic. It seems that many users, when they see the words "Hump Day" in the list of topics, think that this is one of the old topics and do not even open it.

Ahh nice suggestion. This is a Hump Day series though! Consider it like Star Wars Episode I, II, III thing, but for community building 😆 

56 minutes ago, Yamamura said:

Yes, but not everyone reads the full topic name or remembers the name of the previous topic. For example, I accidentally noticed that this is a new topic (by the number of replies), at first I thought it was one of the old topics.

PS I would like to create an activity stream with Jordan's new topics so that I can be notified of new "Hump Day" topics, but I am not sure how 😩

Create a new Activity Stream and follow me! You'll see other content I post in addition to Hump Day, but why wouldn't you want to? 😛 

Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 2.20.15 PM.png