Help to upgrade forum from 3.4 to last version

Hello,

We are currently updating our forum. We are doing this upgrade manually, but the error "Duplicate column name 'status_author_id' " occurred during the process. Does anyone know what this is due to? If so, what should we do to fix it?

Thank you in advance for your reply

Capture.png

31 minutes ago, La Jobe said:

Hello,

We are currently updating our forum. We are doing this upgrade manually, but the error "Duplicate column name 'status_author_id' " occurred during the process. Does anyone know what this is due to? If so, what should we do to fix it?

Thank you in advance for your reply

Capture.png

Open PHPMy Admin - find in your database table "members_status_updates"

Find these two columns with this name - status_author_id, and delete one column

Continue with the upgrade

Edited by Adlago

33 minutes ago, Afrodude said:

@La Jobe if you still have access to ACP, I prefer to disable all plugin and application by third-party and try again. If the issue occur again, then you should submit a ticket to IPS staff. 

I disable all third party plugins and the problem is still there. I have already contacted the IPS staff for more information.

28 minutes ago, Adlago said:

Open PHPMy Admin - find in your database table "members_status_updates"

Find these two columns with this name - status_author_id, and delete one column

Continue with the upgrade

Looking through all my databases, I could not find any "members_status_updates" table. Is this normal ?

1 minute ago, La Jobe said:

I could not find any "members_status_updates" table. Is this normal ?

There's a core_member_status_updates database table in 4.x

BTW, are you sure that you're upgrading from 3.4??? The step in your error indicates you're on IPB 3.2

8 minutes ago, La Jobe said:

I disable all third party plugins and the problem is still there. I have already contacted the IPS staff for more information.

Looking through all my databases, I could not find any "members_status_updates" table. Is this normal ?

Try to find "core_member_status_updates" 

3 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

There's a core_member_status_updates database table in 4.x

BTW, are you sure that you're upgrading from 3.4??? The step in your error indicates you're on IPB 3.2

Sorry, I got my applications mixed up.
The forum version is 3.2 and not 3.4.

1 minute ago, La Jobe said:

I have a question, which may seem silly, but do we have to go through version 3.4.7 to upgrade to version 4?

You can upgrade directly to the latest version of the 4.6. series imo. Make sure to make a full backup of your database and forum files too prior to the upgrade though. And check the database backup to make sure that it is whole. 

18 minutes ago, Adlago said:

What tables do you have in which there is a word - status?

I found it, but I don't have any duplicate columns. I have "status_id" and "status_author_id".
But, namely, I have several databases with the same structure. Is this where it comes from?

29 minutes ago, La Jobe said:

I found it, but I don't have any duplicate columns. I have "status_id" and "status_author_id".
But, namely, I have several databases with the same structure. Is this where it comes from?

If you have several tables that have "status_author _id" probably some table is from the 3rd side app or plugin. If this is true, uninstall all 3rd side plugins