Auto Clear Caches after Upgrade

Hi IPS,

I'd like to make a suggestion to add a check box whenever upgrading an app to offer to automatically clear the system cache after an update.  I've notice that 98% of the time when I do an app update my site will slow to an absolute crawl until I manually clear the system cache.  It doesn't seem to matter if it is an Invision app or a marketplace app.  It would be nice when doing the upgrade to just check a box so that the script will auto clear cache when its done.  If this option is already available, maybe make it in a more obvious spot because I don't see it. 

Thanks,

Drew

• 1 month later...

This sounds like a bug.
App/Theme/Plugin installations and upgrades will already trigger all necessary cache rebuilds.

4 minutes ago, CheersnGears said:

Bumping this to maybe get some sort of response from IPS..... just upgraded a few applications and my site slowed to a crawl until I cleared the cache.

What exactly was so slow? And how exactly did you clear the caches? Via the new Support Tools page? 

16 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

This sounds like a bug.
App/Theme/Plugin installations and upgrades will already trigger all necessary cache rebuilds.

What exactly was so slow? And how exactly did you clear the caches? Via the new Support Tools page? 

This consistently does it for every app.  Doesn't matter if it is an IPS app, marketplace app, or manually uploaded app. 

What gets slow is server response times and loading of pages... just navigating from page to page as a user... it could be in Pages or Forums.. doesn't seem to matter (I don't use much else though, so haven't tested outside of that).  It also makes the Admin control panel super slow. It gets slow enough that my Jetpack monitor alerts for Wordpress sites on the same server start going off saying my site is down.

What's happening?

Your site is responding intermittently, or extremely slowly. This can indicate an overloaded, under-powered, or misconfigured server. Your site is probably loading for some users, but not for everyone.

Error reference: 192715855/intermittent

I clear the cache from the Support Tools page and everything starts working fine again. 

But it really is every time. 

39 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

This sounds like a bug.

So I just upgraded @HeadStand's Social Feeder app starting at 2:51 my time. Site is being super slow to load.  I haven't yet hit the clear system cache button.

I started a screen record so you can see the performance change.  This is just after updating an app and the site has slowed to a crawl.   Then you'll see me clear the cache... the first page loads slow and then it's back to normal speed.