"Follow this!" suggestion page

Hey team, I was thinking this could be a cool feature and wanted to hear your thoughts:

On Twitter and some other social media accounts, often times they guide you to "follow" a few niche topics upon signing up. This way your timeline is populated with some content you might like right from the get.

It could be cool to implement either a page or something similar upon registering to a community.

I think our Activity Stream feature is incredible, and I want more people to begin using it on the regular (versus my community's homepage which is curated news content that is the same for all - I'd love if each member had a homepage that was specific to them!).

My thought is if they are forced to follow some suggested tags / forums / members to follow, they'd begin getting used to the Activity Stream right away and it'd create a more tailored visiting experience.

Also curious to hear if others have seen success with Activity Streams in their community. Love to hear some feedback! 

Happy 420 😜

The first one. It will make new members follow content/members when creating the account 

The second, very useful IMHO, allows the user to follow specific content posted by members instead of everything. So if John Doe wants to receive notifications when you post tutorials/articles in Pages, he only need to select it. So he won’t get notifications when you create a topic or a blog entry or a Downloads file, etc.

On 4/20/2021 at 8:39 AM, Adriano Faria said:

The first one. It will make new members follow content/members when creating the account 

The second, very useful IMHO, allows the user to follow specific content posted by members instead of everything. So if John Doe wants to receive notifications when you post tutorials/articles in Pages, he only need to select it. So he won’t get notifications when you create a topic or a blog entry or a Downloads file, etc.

Love this! Interested in trying this out.

We are launching 4.6 in the coming weeks. Do you have plans to update these for 4.6? I've been trying to hold off on getting any new apps/plugins until 4.6 but I'm kinda interested in trying it out anyway 😂 

Appreciate you clarifying what each marketplace item does btw

2 minutes ago, breatheheavy said:

Love this! Interested in trying this out.

We are launching 4.6 in the coming weeks. Do you have plans to update these for 4.6? I've been trying to hold off on getting any new apps/plugins until 4.6 but I'm kinda interested in trying it out anyway 😂 

Appreciate you clarifying what each marketplace item does btw

Sure, they will be updated if necessary. 

2 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Sure, they will be updated if necessary. 

From what I gather, it's not possible to follow Tags with the auto follow app right? I'd be super curious to see how that'd function as well. 

If someone only wants to follow Justin Bieber for example, there'd be an option in the beginning to follow only him.

I have a whole vision in my mind 😂  I should probably create a doc and pass it along and see what you think.

I think Activity Streams are epic. I'd love to work on guiding more people to them in my community and in general! It'd also be cool to design them in a way that looks like my homepage (which uses SuperTopics). 

9 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

No, because you can’t follow tags in the suite too. You can only follow content and members. 

Ahh yea true true. I'd love to see an option to follow tags. I know on Instagram it's possible to follow hashtags, which is kind of cool cause it's all encompassing. Ideas 💡