Inspecting IPS Classes

LMX

Does anyone know an easy way to inspect instance of an IPS class (vars/methods etc)? Basically I want to be able to print_r/var_dump/get_object_vars($classInstance) in the cloud hosted env.

Example I am creating an "Add to calendar" button on event pages that will allow users to add events to their personal calendars (google, apple, outlook, etc...). This requires that I dynamically add event data. Up until now I have been looking at templates and trying to find the corresponding elements that render a given piece of data - e.g. $event->content(). There has to be a better way that is less of a stab into the dark... anyone have any thoughts!? 

It's going to be trickier on cloud where you can't access the files, but one thing you can do in templates is

{{var_dump( $event );exit;}}

If you use double curly brackets like above, the code is executed as PHP (there's some special shortcuts for if/foreach statements but otherwise it basically means "execute as PHP"). By editing templates and adding things like the above you should be able to print out vars in most situations.