Member can't login

Hi everyone.

I have a member who can't seem to login. I know, this is going to be tough to troubleshoot from my end.

They say they keep on getting a wrong username/password error. I've reset their password and logged in myself perfectly. I asked them to login with their email and username to see if it helped, still no good. I thought perhaps there was some cached data holding onto an old login session so had them perform a hard reset, still no good.

I have Facebook logins enabled which they tried and still no good. Besides throwing their computer out the window does anyone have any suggestions to what we can try next?

Thanks for the suggestion above @Morrigan

An update :)

The member attempted a login from the Homepage, apparently they hadn't tried that previously :S Logged in successfully, updated their password to a more secure password after I had reset it.

The member logged out then attempted another login and received an email saying they had been locked out due to 3 failed login attempts.

It turns out they were trying to login with their Facebook account so this is probably a completely different issue.

It seems they finally tried to login with their username and password and it worked. I have no idea what they were doing before as I'd asked them to use the username and reset password over and over again. 😑

Thanks for your help @Morrigan it is very much appreciated :)

Update time!

I've checked other members, no login issues, I've checked Facebook login and no issues there.

I decided to check a few different browsers just to tick them off of the list of issues and BAM! Using Opera I get the same login issue as my member with his credentials.

login-error.thumb.jpg.708c8cfc3f879909c22ea2a81379dfdb.jpg

I should note that I am using IPB 4.4.1 I haven't updated yet as there are usually issues and I want to make sure my addons, plugins etc are 100% compatible before I update.

The member said he tried incognito mode and still had the same issue.

I know he's only one member and the problem is most likely something he is doing himself. I'm just trying to help this guy out as he is well known in our industry.

I'll update everything soon and see if it fixes the issue on his end.