Users Viewing Forums

I just purchased this, and everywhere it is showing "1 viewing" (on the forums that actually have activity), but when I click on it shows many more users - is there a problem?

And yes, this is in Table view - I thought this was similar to VBulletin's "users viewing topic".

New version submitted (and waiting approval). It fixes the inconsistency in the total number of users viewing forums (on board index) and adds pluralization to the board index language bit.

EDIT: Oh God, forgot to increase the version number. So when it's out, UNINSTALL the version you have and install it again. I will submit it again with right version number next time.

Edited by Adriano Faria

It won’t count users in topics because an additional query per topic ID would be required to get the forum_id where the topic is posted. So 20 users in 20 topics, will result in 20 additional queries when you load your index. I really don’t think you will want to slow down your board considerably. I also don’t believe IPS would approve such poor implementation. 

Edited by Adriano Faria

Hi, we've purchased this plugin and we have Forum Table View and all set on Admin CP -> System -> Plugins -> Users Viewing Forums -> Edit (pencil button) but there is no viewing statistics available. Are there any other steps to perform in order to see this working? Thanks.   

• 2 months later...

The plugin won't count users reading topics, I understand this, but how about users in the subforums? will they be counted on the main page?

For example, if the forum called "Test forum" has two subforums inside it - "Second forum" and "Third forum", and there are some users browsing inside them (not inside topics), - will they be counted on the main page, right on the "Test forum"?

3 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Same user can’t be in two different places at same time so it wouldn’t be an accurate result. 

I wasn't talking about the same user. Imagine: John is visiting the main forum called "A Test forum" like on your picture above. So, he will be counted as "1 viewing". If at the same time, Mark starts to browse in its subforum ""Second forum" , will Mark be counted as the second person viewing the "A test forum" forum?

• 2 months later...