Pages SuperTimeline (Support Topic)

9 hours ago, breatheheavy said:

So fun! Awesome idea @opentype.

Just want to confirm: members can contribute based on permission settings yea?

So if you select "Add Records" and "Edit Records" in the Database Permissions for the Timeline, theoretically members can add new entries or edit existing entries added by others? 

It’s a template for a regular Pages database. So all Pages functionalities, like the ones you mention, will work. 

• 4 months later...

Purchased.

Hi, @opentypeIs this supposed to be mobile friendly? I'm not seeing the same thing I see on desktop on my mobile device as I'm live testing. I see a black dot to the left of the record, but a part of the white box is cut off on the right, the rest of the information is viewable (it doesn't cut off any wording), but it looks a bit broken on mobile. Can you take a look and tell me how I can fix this? Warning: I'm not very code-savvy. Taking this off my site for now until I can identify a way forward to make this work on mobile. Of note: the pictures of these listings are not showing on mobile either. Thanks for your help!

Edited by Joss Leal
Screen recording of mobile view added.
24 minutes ago, opentype said:

Of course. 
The boxes going to the edge is intentional. That’s a feature IPS added to their theme in a recent version. 

So, it's not possible for this to look like a box instead of looking like the right side is cut off somehow? I ask because, when timeline is not activated, I see the right edge of the white box as normal...

Edited by Joss Leal
15 minutes ago, Joss Leal said:

So, it's not possible for this to look like a box instead of looking like the right side is cut off somehow? I ask because, when timeline is not activated, I see the right edge of the white box as normal...

No, there is no option to change this. Again, it’s an IPS feature, meant to save space on mobile and my template just makes use of it. 

Have a look at this very topic you are writing in. It is doing exactly the same:

115524427_Bildschirmfoto2021-01-27um07_00_33.png.28866bfd66d1ed753e96bc3eb6cd5c70.png

26 minutes ago, opentype said:

No, there is no option to change this. Again, it’s an IPS feature, meant to save space on mobile and my template just makes use of it. 

Have a look at this very topic you are writing in. It is doing exactly the same:

115524427_Bildschirmfoto2021-01-27um07_00_33.png.28866bfd66d1ed753e96bc3eb6cd5c70.png

Well, for this type of layout (a line that pads the left side and creates gray space), it just doesn't look pretty - in fact, I have to say it looks broken. I get it, it's an IPS thing, and I should have tested this on mobile, just got too excited. My only other question would be: how do I get the date to appear above the record, on the timeline? Mine is coming up inside the record above the name, as shown in my previous video. Any suggestions?

77772089-5C55-44E2-9997-ACA655FF7050.png

Edited by Joss Leal
Added screenshot of LIVE demo.
  • 2 years later...
13 minutes ago, SoloInter said:

Is it possible to select a specific category and not all the database ?
What's happend if we have 10 000 entries ? It will load everything directly or there is something like "load more" ?

It works exactly like any other Pages database listing display. So yes, it can be assigned to a category and it will show a pagination when the number of records is higher than the value set for one listing view in the database settings. 

Thanks for your answer. I got a last one. 

Is it possible to use tag as filter. 

Because, in my case, I want show in timeline only specific entries who are tagged by a specific tag.

If it's not possible, is it something you can add in a futur update ?