4.5.1 - Sign into Marketplace when using HTTP Basic Auth

Go to solution Solved by Stuart Silvester,

I have a test instance of 4.5.1 inaccessible to the web, requiring HTTP Basic Auth for everything except /api. When I try to use the new "Sign into Marketplace" feature, I get this error message:

image.png.e7bd2866edbf88c9a60582f1dff516b6.png

This is most likely a result of the basic auth, but I'm unable to find what specific endpoint the marketplace server is hitting. Anyone know if there's an endpoint I can exclude from basic auth to make this work?

Edited by evandixon

We have the exact same setup and did not run into this error. I'd recommend creating a support request and making sure your test license is installed properly, as well as that your test URL is reflected in the client area correctly.

Edit: Though, in retrospect, we haven't done a 4.4.10 to 4.5.1 upgrade test yet. Our test environment was linked to Marketplace in the previous beta release. I suppose something may have broken in the beta versions in-between from when we did our login/onboarding.

Edited by Paul E.

• Solution
13 hours ago, evandixon said:

I have a test instance of 4.5.1 inaccessible to the web, requiring HTTP Basic Auth for everything except /api. When I try to use the new "Sign into Marketplace" feature, I get this error message:

image.png.e7bd2866edbf88c9a60582f1dff516b6.png

This is most likely a result of the basic auth, but I'm unable to find what specific endpoint the marketplace server is hitting. Anyone know if there's an endpoint I can exclude from basic auth to make this work?

You can exclude /index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=marketplace from your password protection