Still a major localhost (Wamp) issue

Since the birth of 4.0 there has been this maintenance error plaguing IPS test boards on a localhost in Wamp I have searched high and low with Invision as all the internet since I first received this message tested every possibility with no luck.

97434333_maintenanceerror.thumb.png.3653846794420e4fcfe2dc7adec5be0a.png

The phrase that still has my concern is "This will cause significant damage to your community if not resolved."

Still looking for an answer or a real lead to fixing this issue.

@Woodsman, tasks are scheduled to run periodically. You can see a list of them at ACP > System > Tasks. By default, they run when folks visit your web site, which won't be happening typically on your local machine. That's why you're seeing the warning.

As you mentioned WAMP, I recommend setting up a scheduled task on Windows (click the fix this button and follow the directions there for "cronjob") so that your computer will run these tasks on a regular schedule. You can open the Windows task scheduler on your machine and configure it so that it runs the php shell command (where ever it lives on your local machine) and pass it the parameters indicated in the cronjob option. Here's a quick StackExchange article that gives options for you that should help guide you: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/9894804/use-php-to-set-cron-jobs-in-windows

The damage that will be caused is that there is an expectation that tasks will run regularly in their design, and by not running, things can get unwieldy quickly in a production environment and the install will stop behaving as expected.

@Paul E. and @Nathan Explosion Thanks for your replies. I am very familiar with Windows Task Manager and Task Scheduler and how they operate and looking at my original post I seem to have left these out. So thanks anyway...

42 minutes ago, Paul E. said:

Here's a quick StackExchange article that gives options for you that should help guide you: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/9894804/use-php-to-set-cron-jobs-in-windows

Again one of my favorite go to sites... I will have to dig into this link and see where it takes me I am quite surprised I have not seen this one in particular...