Updating your theme to 4.5 if...

Jordan Miller

20 hours ago, Malwarebytes Forums said:

Agreed the themes look nice and though I've not personally sought help yet, reviewing many topics the author does appear to provide good support. 

I was a bit disappointed though that out of the box the theme (Carbon) looks nothing like it does on their demo out of the box. How much time or work it takes to correct I'm not sure as this was the first time I've tried a 3rd party theme. Hopefully once I've finished up some other changes to the 4.5 upgrade I'll be able to work on the theme and see. 

Hello,

The Carbon theme from the demo board is the exact same one as the downloadable version. If your site looks different, it's likely because you need to setup your blocks using the Block Manager 🙂  Blocks aren't imported by the theme, so there's no way to "duplicate" the demo board without manually doing it yourself. I hope that clears up any confusion!

Thanks @Ehren

Wasn't wanting it to look like your site but like the same similar layout look as the "Default" but with the Dark Theme applied. It's white on my site and layout isn't anything like the Default. All good though, once I'm ready to dig in and actually edit it I'll head on over to your site for support if needed.

Thank you again for the reply 

20 hours ago, Joel R said:

The theme author @Ehren behind IPSFocus is the same theme consultant behind 4.5's new theme.  

He's generally excellent in his theme support.  

On 9/11/2020 at 2:15 PM, SC36DC said:

I know you're not looking for a new theme, but the theme I use for my forum is Chameleon Pro from, ipsfocus.com, and most of these were rebuilt already and they do have some amazing features. The support is beyond incredible.

https://www.ipsfocus.com/themes/

Thanks guys! 

I think this will be the route I take. Themes look pretty great and I love the dark/light mode options. 

Should be a fun change. 

Appreciate the suggestions!! 

On 9/11/2020 at 2:05 PM, Mark Round said:

shoot me a pm i can help

Sent! Thank you! 

16 hours ago, Ehren said:

Hello,

The Carbon theme from the demo board is the exact same one as the downloadable version. If your site looks different, it's likely because you need to setup your blocks using the Block Manager 🙂  Blocks aren't imported by the theme, so there's no way to "duplicate" the demo board without manually doing it yourself. I hope that clears up any confusion!

Looking forward to purchasing one of your themes! Thanks for responding in my topic. Great work. 👏 

I should clarify that my note shouldn't be construed as a recommendation of any theme author over another, but it can provide a useful data point. 

There are several talented theme developers in the IPS Marketplace who put out great themes, and theming is such a personal choice that you really should explore the entire portfolio of themes before making a decision.