Commerce: different fees for different payment methods?

Hi all,

I could be splitting hairs here, but is there an easy way to offer two different payment options with different costs for product X?  If I want to offer PayPal but pass PayPal's costs on to the client, is there a way to list both options for the same product without creating two different products, e.g. two options for product X: pay via bank transfer or PayPal?

I suspect most people bundle this fee into their product cost across the board, but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

The only way in which to do this at present would indeed be to create 2 products. I will move this ticket to our suggestions forum so that it can be considered. Based on what you have said there though, it sounds to me like its not actually 2 different costs for the product that you need. It sounds more like something you want to add to the paypal payment method as a whole. Charging x% of the cost of an item for example. 

15 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

The only way in which to do this at present would indeed be to create 2 products. I will move this ticket to our suggestions forum so that it can be considered. Based on what you have said there though, it sounds to me like its not actually 2 different costs for the product that you need. It sounds more like something you want to add to the paypal payment method as a whole. Charging x% of the cost of an item for example. 

Hey Marc...yeah, I think that about sums it up.  One product, for example, which costs X by bank transfer and X plus, say, 4% (or whatever) to pay via PayPal.  So yes, a percentage modification might work, but one which is separate from tax.  My products are (so far) flat rates so I don't worry about tax too much, but maybe @OptimusBain and others could chime in with their thoughts on this?

Edited by LiquidFractal

If I remember there is already a Request open about this, and I would also really like to see this...

If I find it, I will link it below:

There it is, I really hope this can be added. This would be extremely useful, and tbh I don't know why this is not an option already x)

Edited by ZLTRGO
update