Member Map

Is it possible to display the minimap in the profile page to Satellite or Hybrid view ?

How ?

Thanks !

Edit: that should be a setting for the next version (profile page and the application page), would be cool !

Open ips.membermap.js

Around line 201 you should have

mapTypeId: google.maps.MapTypeId.ROADMAP,

Change that to either:

mapTypeId: google.maps.MapTypeId.SATELLITE,

OR

mapTypeId: google.maps.MapTypeId.HYBRID,

Save the file (re-upload), then you may need to clear your browser cache to see the change (CTRL+F5)

Open ips.membermap.js

Around line 201 you should have

mapTypeId: google.maps.MapTypeId.ROADMAP,

Change that to either:

mapTypeId: google.maps.MapTypeId.SATELLITE,

OR

mapTypeId: google.maps.MapTypeId.HYBRID,

Save the file (re-upload), then you may need to clear your browser cache to see the change (CTRL+F5)

Can you confirm, I'm still using IPB 3.1.4, will this work and show a mini map in the member's portal?
Thanks, JB
  • 2 weeks later...

I created a custom Marker Group for testing purposes and now I want to delete it. But I get this message:

"That is just silly, you cannot move the markers to a group you are about to delete."

Of course… but I just have that group in the dropdown menu lol !
There's no markers yet in this group. What should I do ?

Thanks !

I created a custom Marker Group for testing purposes and now I want to delete it. But I get this message:

"That is just silly, you cannot move the markers to a group you are about to delete."

Of course… but I just have that group in the dropdown menu lol !

There's no markers yet in this group. What should I do ?

Thanks !

Ah, I see the bug

Open up /admin/applications_addon/other/membermap/modules_admin/membermap/cmarkers.php

Find (2 occurances, lines 137 & 155)

$this->registry->output->html .= $this->html->membermapMarkerGroupDeleteForm($this->_getGroupArray());

Replace both with:

$this->registry->output->html .= $this->html->membermapMarkerGroupDeleteForm($this->_getGroupArray($this->request['do']));

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I want to use this on my site but I don't want the link to show in the main menu bar. I want to add a standard link elsewhere, in a topic, in a list of other maps.

Removing the name in the config disables the map completely. Adding the name activates the map but puts the title back in the top menu bar. I've seen other applications/hooks which allow you to hide the menu selection while keeping the application activated (IPDownloads is a good example). Is there a way of achieving this?

Hi, I want to use this on my site but I don't want the link to show in the main menu bar. I want to add a standard link elsewhere, in a topic, in a list of other maps.

Removing the name in the config disables the map completely. Adding the name activates the map but puts the title back in the top menu bar. I've seen other applications/hooks which allow you to hide the menu selection while keeping the application activated (IPDownloads is a good example). Is there a way of achieving this?

Hi John,

You can edit the application in the 'Manage Applications' section of the ACP, you have the option to remove the menu tab (this is also the same for any application that you have installed).

I keep getting this fatal error when I try to view the map

/applications_addon/other/membermap/modules_public/membermap/map.php on line 315

Is there something I've mist out?

I'm afraid that isn't the complete error, can you post the full error ?

Thanks
Stuart

This is the whole error Fatal error: Call to a member function mapTemplate() on a non-object in /home/scotland/public_html/admin-********/applications_addon/other/membermap/modules_public/membermap/map.php on line 315

It looks like you need to recache your skins.

Goto Look & Feel > Template Tools > Click Recache Skin Sets

If that doesn't solve it, on the same page, under 'Rebuild Master Skin Data'

Check 'IP.Board Member Map' and the Rebuild HTML box.

Click Rebuild.

And then finally, recache your skin sets.

Thanks
Stuart