Convert Status Updates To Topics

• 7 months later...

I have come across a serious issue when using this plug-in...

For info: I use the thumbnails feature in IPS, so images on my Forum show as smaller versions, with the full-sized versions appearing when clicked. It's also worth noting that I host my images using S3.

The issue:

If a status update contains attachments, when it is converted into a post, the thumbnails are retained but the linked hi-res versions of the images are not. This means that they are available to begin with, but after a few hours they get removed my the system housekeeping. This means that when the thumbnails are clicked on, to display the large versions of the images, they not longer exist and appear broken.

This can be verified by editing a converted post containing an attachment. When edited, no attachments are shown as being associated with the post.

3 minutes ago, JohnDar said:

I have come across a serious issue when using this plug-in...

For info: I use the thumbnails feature in IPS, so images on my Forum show as smaller versions, with the full-sized versions appearing when clicked. It's also worth noting that I host my images using S3.

The issue:

If a status update contains attachments, when it is converted into a post, the thumbnails are retained but the linked hi-res versions of the images are not. This means that they are available to begin with, but after a few hours they get removed my the system housekeeping. This means that when the thumbnails are clicked on, to display the large versions of the images, they not longer exist and appear broken.

This can be verified by editing a converted post containing an attachment. When edited, no attachments are shown as being associated with the post.

It makes a “copy” of the status update content into a post.

If I understand what you mean, it should be converted to an app to “attach” the image, etc. Honestly,  for a $10 resource with 4 purchases, that won’t happen. That doesn’t worth the job. Sorry.

I suspect my explanation is over complicated. Try posting a test status update somewhere, with a couple of photo attachments. Edit it and you'll see the attachments are present at the bottom of the edit window. Convert it to a post and go in and look at that version. Edit it and you'll see that the attachments are no longer listed at the bottom of the edit window. You'll find that the thumbnail images are still present in the actual post, but these will get wiped when the housekeeping runs, because the attachments are no longer associated with the post.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...