Allowing users to post in own topics after moving

So as you can tell from the WTF headline, this issue/question is quite hard to summarize in a few words. So that also means a search is useless.

Thing is this:
Say that in your community of many many forums, you have one that's restricted for posting only for manually approved users.
A user opens a thread in a public forum where he and everybody else can post. However, said post is more suitable for the restricted forum. So obviously the thread's moved there.
On our old platform (VB) the user retained posting rights ONLY for their thread.

Questions is, how is this issue handled in IPS, and if by default the user loses posting permissions on that thread, is there a way to solve this? 

On 4/4/2020 at 6:51 AM, Pavel Chernitsky said:

So as you can tell from the WTF headline, this issue/question is quite hard to summarize in a few words. So that also means a search is useless.

Thing is this:
Say that in your community of many many forums, you have one that's restricted for posting only for manually approved users.
A user opens a thread in a public forum where he and everybody else can post. However, said post is more suitable for the restricted forum. So obviously the thread's moved there.
On our old platform (VB) the user retained posting rights ONLY for their thread.

Questions is, how is this issue handled in IPS, and if by default the user loses posting permissions on that thread, is there a way to solve this? 

@DawPi made a plugin for me that does that. When I started charging subscriptions for access to some subforums, I wanted the topics starters to still be able to see and post in their own threads, even without a subscription (meaning even without the secondary group that buying a subscription assigns to them). What he made for me does more than that, but that it's certainly a part of it. So, you may want to PM him and discuss it with him.

Edited by PPlanet

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...