Layout in pages in Pages (or in editor actually)

flimmer

Hi

I just bought and started looking at Pages. I have the default setup with the articles database, and one article. Now, I would like to layout the article itself a little bit better. Help the user align pictures and text and stuff. Better readability as we do have some quite long articles. I thought I maybe let them use the Table plugin to ckeditor. Tried that but, need the TableTools plugin as well to get right click contect menu to edit the table after creation. Did not get the right click menu, so I may have done something wrong there. Added the tabletools as Toolbar button, which may be wrong?

Anyway, how should we go about giving the user a little bit better tool to handle the single articles themselves? We are used to Wordpress, but want to get rid of that and only have Invision Community.

Oh, we also have in Wordpress step-by-step guides with pictures (some form of image carousel), would there be a plugin or something out there we could add to Pages, perhaps?

Thanks!

More choices are usually a way to add more options to break things. 😉 That’s why I actually remove styling options rather than add them. It’s impossible to force consistency with when users can pick any combination of font size, style and color. A way around it would be dedicated buttons you can add yourself to the editor, e.g. for headlines. Those are then styled through CSS as part of the theme. You can do the same for image captions and so on. 

For your guide section, you can use Pages yourself. 

Archived