View soft deleted content as admin

Black Tiger

I just discovered my moderator has created a topic and soft-deleted it.

Is there a way to see this in the thread list? I thought this was visible as being a thread in another background colour.

But I don't see it in the threadlist from that forum.

However, the thread contains a link with a name. If I'm in that forum and do a search in that forum for that name, I can view the thread and it has another background colour.

But it would be nice if soft-deleted threads are visible (at least for admins) in the threadlist. I don't see anything, not even some mark that there is a deleted toic.

image.thumb.png.18a5461b2fb0fddfbde211ce4288ba4c.png

Deleted post was created 8 hours ago, nothing to be seen here.
I do have unrestricted admin rights.
How can I make them visible?

Go to the Moderator CP > "Deleted Content"

Deleted content does not show up inline, but can be reviewed and restored from the above page. Hidden content will show up inline and can be viewed/restored while viewing the content, as well as from the Moderator CP > "Hidden Content" page.

Thank you but I'm sorry, do I see a contraditcion now?

3 hours ago, bfarber said:

Deleted content does not show up inline, but can be reviewed and restored from the above page

Which means, not visible inline or in the threadlist, but visible via the Moderator CP.

But then you say:

3 hours ago, bfarber said:

Hidden content will show up inline and can be viewed/restored while viewing the content, as well as from the Moderator CP > "Hidden Content" page.

So here it says it will show up inline -and- in the moderator CP.

So now I'm confused.

I would like the second option, be visible in the threadlist. Because otherwise an admin would have to login to the moderator cp every day to see if there are deleted thread, because there are no notices about it either. That striks me as odd. But anyway, the answer confuses me due to the contradiction.

45 minutes ago, Black Tiger said:

That might be an idea. I will think about that. Thank you!

IMO. Never ever give your moderators the ability to delete anything from your forum, or learn the hard way. (Even with a soft delete)

I have known admins who have had to do full back-ups of their forums because moderators deleted many topics with 100's of posts dating back years.

I don't have any issues with it. Soft-delete does not really delete things, I can restore it with soft-delete. Nobody ever gets full delete rights anyway.

I have backups in place anyway, so I don't worry. Nothing bad happened in 19 years, and mods are personal friends who I know IRL.

But thanks for the advise.

Archived