Support Topic for Pages SuperDirectory

Just now, opentype said:

It’s a template set. It only affects the look of Pages databases. It doesn’t change the general functionality. 

ok, so someone can not buy a directory listing because this is just for the look and feel of the pages/database. Got it - thanks!

• 4 months later...

Hi,

How many categories/subcategories levels can this directory have?

Can I add a new a numeric field so I can sort my listings using it? (to be able to have different listing status: gold, silver, bronze, free, etc.)

Thanks!

7 hours ago, dlg said:

Hi,

How many categories/subcategories levels can this directory have?

It’s not limited, as with any Pages database. 

7 hours ago, dlg said:

Can I add a new a numeric field so I can sort my listings using it?

Yes, you can do that, as with any Pages database. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Jim said:

Hi @opentype

I've probably purchased this when its slightly out of my technical ability.

There is mention of a PDF Guide, but because of the installation being done via the AdminCP, I obviously don't have this. Is this something you are able to provide me please?

I moved the content from my installation instruction PDFs to the “Addition Information” tab of each product. 
https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/9544-pages-superdirectory/

• 3 months later...

I am trying to add the social media icons to the records in the directory by fomratting the fields like this

<span><a href="https://www.facebook.com/{$value}"><i class="fab fa-facebook" aria-hidden="true"></i></a></span>

Would you know how i can format them so they a show up on the same line in the record view?

https://www.bmw2002faq.com/vendors/parts-vendors-and-manufacturers/ireland-engineering-r1/

Also, with the gallery, is it possible to include the name of the gallery like you have in another template?

Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
9 minutes ago, Stuart B said:

Great plug-in .. one issue I have is that users and even admins cannot edit entries via website ... I might be missing something ;o)  .. I did check settings and users with access " Can edit own content And unlimited". 

Any ideas?

It’s certainly unrelated to SuperDirectory, as that just changes the design, not the core functionality of Pages databases. 

My suggestion would be to check the database permission and save it again (even if there were no changes made). I mean the permission table, not the just the settings in the database settings. 

• 1 year later...

In my ACP my Pages > Databases link is greyed out and it says I don't have access on my plan. 
Is this a problem for setting up SuperDirectory? And is this a recent change? I'm sure I DID have access to Databases last week. 

Edited by EvanDC
25 minutes ago, EvanDC said:

n my ACP my Pages > Databases link is greyed out and it says I don't have access on my plan. 
Is this a problem for setting up SuperDirectory? And is this a recent change? I'm sure I DID have access to Databases last week. 

You would indeed need full Pages access to use this product. Whether you have it or not would be something to check with IPS. 

Dang 😞 Would it be worth you making that clear on the product listing? Forgive me if it already is. 
And has there been a change to the package tiers at IPS that you know of? I'm sure I had database access a week ago. But maybe I'm wrong. I'm on the first tier package. Perhaps it changed when I went from trial to paid. I don't know. 

• 3 weeks later...

OK - I've upgraded my plan now and am trying to configure this. I think it's probably well beyond my technical ability if I'm honest. 

I'm starting to see how it works but the template for this is nothing like the live demo - a million miles away. Is there any chance of the template files from the live demo? I don't have any hope of editing all the CSS files to make it look passable. The key information for each record is showing in the world's tiniest font and it all just looks really unusable and ugly right now. 

Help! 

32 minutes ago, EvanDC said:

I'm starting to see how it works but the template for this is nothing like the live demo - a million miles away. Is there any chance of the template files from the live demo?

There should be no need to customize anything in regards to the HTML or CSS.

You could start by posting a screenshot. Maybe it gives a clue what is wrong. 

10 minutes ago, EvanDC said:

Thank you. Here's the screenshot: 

You are on the right track. Technically, there is nothing wrong there. You just need to get more familiar with Pages. IPS has a nice text-based help guide which teaches you how to use Pages database and how to configure individual fields. I would suggest to check that out before diving into custom or third-party templates. 

Example: You are currently using “badges” for everything, which is probably not what you want. But that’s not directly SuperDirectory support issue. If you need a quick start, I also have a video course about Pages. 

By the way: the font sizes are inhered from your theme. You can configure that there globally. That’s also not really related to SuperDirectory. 

The gallery images will show correctly if you follow the instruction on the Additional Information tab. 

And a final hint: Custom Pages fields have a setting to show the content “above” or “below” the content. With the SuperDirectory template, this would show the content bigger in the left column or smaller in the right column. That’s also something you probably want to make use of. At the moment, you push everything in the right sidebar because of this setting. 

• 1 month later...

Hi @opentype. Thanks for this template. I think I finally found a reason to use it and I'm playing around with it. The problem is my little knowledge of Pages, but as for the template itself, pretty easy to use and understand.

So, the following question, I understand that it may relate to Pages and not to SuperDirectory as such. However, as you already provide a Photo Gallery in your template, my question is about something similar.

Is there's any way to display a single photo in either the listing or the display templates?

When I try to configure an upload field I've created, the only options of displaying it are the usual colour badges, that display the image as a tiny thumbnail inside a badge, so far from ideal. So, I'm sure that I need to use the custom option, but I have no idea what code to include in there to parse and display an image uploaded by users.

I'll appreciate if you could give an example of such a code please, assuming I'm correct in thinking that's the solution.

I'm aiming to make a very visually-oriented directory, and having the flexibility to split the text and information with single photos would be great. I could do it with several Gallery fields of course, but a single photo here and there would work better for what I want to achieve. Cheers.