Support Topic for Pages SuperDirectory

Not a support request, so you might get aggrieved at my already going off-topic, but this looks great! This is another beautiful products added to the Super range. I particularly like the clever idea to create a search box which only checks for results within that particular database. Such a good idea!

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, penkay said:

It will search all fields automatically depending on which page and database are showing?  .. I'll keep playing with it.. thanks Chip

It works exactly as using the site search narrowed down to the specific database. (Essentially it is just a link to the site search)

Mine keeps returning an error, page not found,  Is there any documentation on the plugin, .. In your demo you include a Icon in the display, I assume you are adding code into the description,?  Is there a place that has the css code classes for the board..

here is the error I get. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, there is a problem

The page you requested does not exist

Error code: 1S160/2

4 hours ago, penkay said:

Mine keeps returning an error, page not found,  Is there any documentation on the plugin, ..

Can you send me a message with a link to the page so I can check it out? 
For further inspections I might also need ACP access. 

4 hours ago, penkay said:

In your demo you include a Icon in the display, I assume you are adding code into the description,?

The category images come from this plugin. It is an optional purchase from another developer. 

I was adding the below code to my descriptions in the categories, it works the same..   I swiped it from your example and edited it..   You can get more creative..  You should expound on that as a selling point, maybe increase the character limit.. 

Category Description

<span data-ipslazyload="" class="SuDi_catThumb ipsThumb_bg ipsThumb_small ipsPos_right" >
<i class="fa fa-id-card-o fa-5x"></i> </span>   
<h3 class="SuDi_bigHead">Staff & Volunteer Activities</h3>

--------------------------------------------------------------

Ill send you my login info..  are you available for hire.. ?

hi. on your demo SuperDirectory you use filters to search the content. In the typography guru site.  How is that added, I created two select fields , with multiple filters (key value), Ive checked the option to use the fields for filtering.

I was then adding the Database Filter to the page , drag and drop,     when I edit the database filter I only have an option to display phone, tablet, pc ,

should it pick up the fields available for filters ?  would my board, being a subdirectory /forum  cause any problems .

28 minutes ago, penkay said:

hi. on your demo SuperDirectory you use filters to search the content. In the typography guru site.  How is that added, I created two select fields , with multiple filters (key value), Ive checked the option to use the fields for filtering.

I was then adding the Database Filter to the page , drag and drop,    

Sounds like you figured it out already. That’s the process. Make a field a filter and then add the filter widget. If something is not working you would have to talk to IPS, since that widget is entirely controlled by them. It’s independent from the template on the page. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so excited about SuperReviews that I got SuperDirectory today. After the docs for SuperReviews were very detailed, I get stuck at SuperDirectory.

I do not know how to create the "Website" button for the web address. I have created a field with a URL, but that looks ugly. Something has to be entered in DisplayOptions here.

I also saw in the demo that you included an address field with a Google Maps map. Is there any information on how to get to the fields with the arrows - I did not find anything in the documentation.

Thank you very much.

sldlink.png.d9296308df15908415bc38b22a985c47.png

sldmaps.thumb.png.4133a5abf0da2d3d8c40e2cc1b3df442.png

38 minutes ago, TheSonic said:

I do not know how to create the "Website" button for the web address. I have created a field with a URL, but that looks ugly. Something has to be entered in DisplayOptions here.

I also saw in the demo that you included an address field with a Google Maps map. Is there any information on how to get to the fields with the arrows - I did not find anything in the documentation.

Link button:

{{if $formValue}}<a href="{$formValue}" target="_blank" class="ipsButton ipsButton_important">Website</a>{{endif}}

Map:

<div class="ipsColumns">
   <div class="ipsColumn ipsColumn_wide">
     <p>{map}</p>
     </div>

<div class="ipsColumn ipsColumn_fluid">
      <p class="ipsType_light">Address: <br>{address}</p>
     </div> 
</div>

• 1 month later...

I am still evaluating a few options to integrate a job board and I am considering SuperDirectory. 

Will you be releasing it also for version 4.5 and if so, will there be considerable amount of time required to get it ready for 4.5 or do you plan to release it soon after the 4.5 release?

And another question is, can there be different access restrictions (permissions) for the record view? E.g. for members only or for specific groups? Thanks for clarification. 

13 minutes ago, evcom said:

Will you be releasing it also for version 4.5 and if so, will there be considerable amount of time required to get it ready for 4.5 or do you plan to release it soon after the 4.5 release?

The release for 4.5 shouldn’t take long. 

13 minutes ago, evcom said:

And another question is, can there be different access restrictions (permissions) for the record view? E.g. for members only or for specific groups? Thanks for clarification. 

Permissions for Pages databases can be set on the category level. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...