Anyone ever successfully converted Wordpress posts to Pages?

Maxxius

Hi, I wonder has anyone ever tried and successfully converted their Wordpress CMS Posts (aka new articles) into IPS Pages as articles?

I have ran a conversion Wordpress 4.9.11 to IPS Pages 4.4.7 conversion. And I'd like to say that the converter does not pick up and transfer FEATURED IMAGES.

It picks up all the images that are inside the news article BUT featured images are not coming along. I have even checked even media part of the pages suite - only the images found inside articles are found, featured images are not imported to media part of the suite. And what else is strange and bad that images that are embeded WITHIN ARTICLE TEXT ARE STILL SOURCED FROM THE SITE/FOLDER THEY WERE ORIGINALLY ON IN WORDPRESS SITE and not from IPS' media though files are on the server literally.

Perhaps its some WP version specific issue which triggers the converion app not to do its job though IPS states that WP 4.x conversion is possible. What I'd like to know if you ever did converted with success which exact WP version you were on?

• 2 weeks later...

This was investigated by support team. An error was found in WP converters and was fixed in upcoming release.

Also everyone note, that only featured images are copied to media folder of IPS forum. the images embedded in WP posts' text are not transferred to IPS uploads folder. article text remains as-is.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/9/2019 at 4:32 PM, Maxxius said:

the images embedded in WP posts' text are not transferred to IPS uploads folder

The same with Joomla posts here. The images are not transferred and even broken after I try to edit an imported article :sad: Is it how it behaves in the articles imported from WP too? If you edit an imported article, are the images still there after saving?

4 minutes ago, Sonya* said:

Yes, they links are relative. There are over 300 articles to edit 😕

You could run a query to update them all at once http://www.mysqltutorial.org/mysql-string-replace-function.aspx 

BUT

only if you're familiar with SQL ( I know you are:) ) 

and please don't forget about the DB backup before you run it

Archived