Guest permissions 4.4.5 issue

Adlago

Strange effect on my live site after upgrading to 4.4.5.
Guest Permissions - "Post New Topics" and "Reply To Topics" not working. I stopped these permissions on my site a long time ago, but now it does not matter - with and without permissions guests have the right to publish both in Forums and Pages. And with the permissions suspended ...
I tried - full upload of files on 4.4.5, several times "Something isn't working correctly", also "Rebuild Search index" - without change.
Other permissions work.
I don't use 3rd party plugins
The strange thing is that this issue is not in the test site.
I ask before I submit a ticket support - Does anyone have an idea?

39 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Not sure I follow.

One more thing strange - now I checked. This feature "Post Before Registering" is missing in my test installation.
A test installation went from 4.4.4 - 4.4.5 beta 1 - 4.4.5 beta 2 - 4.4.5 ...

If you would prefer to disable "Post before registering" you can do so by going to Dashboard > Settings > Posting > Scroll to "Post Before Registering" and change the option to disabled > Save.

It's not a mandatory feature, its meant to better facilitate on-boarding of new members to make posting into topics they are interested in more streamlined.

2 hours ago, Jennifer M said:

If you would prefer to disable "Post before registering" you can do so by going to Dashboard > Settings > Posting > Scroll to "Post Before Registering" and change the option to disabled > Save.

It's not a mandatory feature, its meant to better facilitate on-boarding of new members to make posting into topics they are interested in more streamlined.

Yes, helping @Adriano Faria  was enough for me to eliminate this nonsense.
Yes, this is a very stupid decision - one option overrides many permissions ...
Any admin can allow this action in any forums he wants or allow comments where he wants.

Now this feature allows Guests to publish topics and posts anywhere. In a large and busy forum, moderators and administrators will only deal with such posts and topics without the expectation of registered members.
The  function "Require approval before content shows?" works perfectly and without this new misunderstanding.
In order for the new "Post Before Registering" function to be functional, it should only be bound to sessions of a newly registered member, and only while it is actively participating in its session before receiving validation, should it be able to receive this improvement ...

Yes, but this is not the case now - this feature provides the convenience of publishing to all sorts of guests, spammers and other annoying ...
Your decision is now, in my opinion, absolute nonsense.

I'm sorry for my words, but that's the truth.

28 minutes ago, Adlago said:

Yes, helping @Adriano Faria  was enough for me to eliminate this nonsense.
Yes, this is a very stupid decision - one option overrides many permissions ...
Any admin can allow this action in any forums he wants or allow comments where he wants.

Now this feature allows Guests to publish topics and posts anywhere. In a large and busy forum, moderators and administrators will only deal with such posts and topics without the expectation of registered members.
The  function "Require approval before content shows?" works perfectly and without this new misunderstanding.
In order for the new "Post Before Registering" function to be functional, it should only be bound to sessions of a newly registered member, and only while it is actively participating in its session before receiving validation, should it be able to receive this improvement ...

Yes, but this is not the case now - this feature provides the convenience of publishing to all sorts of guests, spammers and other annoying ...
Your decision is now, in my opinion, absolute nonsense.

I'm sorry for my words, but that's the truth.

I only recently enabled this option and after two days staff begged me to disable it. The recaptcha didn't stop the spam and the staff members were overwhelmed with the amount of spam being posted by guests.

Archived