Accidentally deleted content in 1 forum - have backup

ibaker

Today I accidentally deleted around 3,000 threads in a forum and was hoping someone could advise how I can get them back by using a backup I did previously. Basically I need to somehow import the threads, posts and attachments from one forum in my backup (done yesterday) to my live site.

Any advice...thanks

The easiest way to to close your site before more new posts show up and simply restore your whole site to yesterday.

Just now, SJ77 said:

The easiest way to to close your site before more new posts show up and simply restore your whole site to yesterday.

Although, I think the new software has SOFT DELETE maybe there is an easy way to undelete.

Yes, I deleted the content in 1 specific forum...the forum still exists but without content...I was trying to just delete the Guest content in that forum and all threads and posts were deleted.

The only way I can think of which is very messy is to delete everything from the backup leaving just the 1 forum, migrate that over to Xenforo and then migrate that into my IPS site. That would migrate all the threads, posts and attachments etc...I would then just need to rebuild the user post count...but as I said, very messy

Did you delete this from the front end or the admincp? if the front end, check your modcp for deleted content and you can restore from there if you have opted to use the delayed deletes feature, meaning when you delete a topic, it's retained for x days based on your setting, then removed.  This is on by default, so if you just deleted these they may be available to restore.  If not, then a database restore is needed (complete) and you would lose new content.  

Archived