Promote to Facebook

Steph Jensen

I'm trying to set up the facebook intergration, and need to submit the special features for review. My question is, how do i make a video of me showing how i promote content, if the feature isn't yet active, because i need to make a video of it?

Edit 1: what is manage_pages permision needed for, and how do i describe to facebook how uses whould use this?

Edit 2: also how do i describe what the person reviewing the app needs to do to experience this, when they need to have the right permissions to do it?

• Management

Facebook allows you create a test app which is a sub-app from your main one and allows you to perform all the actions without needing permission, but only you will see the posts on your page (so you can't use it as a permanent solution).

13 hours ago, Steph Jensen said:

i think i'll just drop promote to facebook - it is way to complicated on their side, to make it worth the effort - i don't even like facebook alltogether

This is exactly what we've done, it's such a hassle and it hasn't helped us at all. Twitter on the other hand, fantastic!

13 hours ago, Steph Jensen said:

i think i'll just drop promote to facebook - it is way to complicated on their side, to make it worth the effort - i don't even like facebook alltogether

10 minutes ago, CP_User said:

This is exactly what we've done, it's such a hassle and it hasn't helped us at all. Twitter on the other hand, fantastic!

Same, I quit attempting to use FB for promoting things from my sites. FB is such a pain... 

• 1 month later...

On 3/14/2019 at 9:55 AM, Steph Jensen said:

how do i make a video of me showing how i promote content, if the feature isn't yet active, because i need to make a video of it?

Exactly the same situation, 

The Facebook promotion, the best IPS community feature for me, it's not working. Again to write to times the same... More than one year without solution to this issue!

Archived