Search by username in messenger and paypal- will it be back?

Iwooo

Did you or your community members use search by username in messenger?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello,

I wanted to upgrade from 4.3.6 to 4.4.1. I'm happy with all speed and SEO improvements you've done. Great job IPS! 
On the other hand I would not have an option to search in messenger by username and lack of paypal subscription (I'm one of many that has been declined by Braintree).  It stops me from update and therefore paying 95$ for service. 

Are you guys planning on implementing those functions back? Messenger function might be configured by settings in ACP maybe? 

I know you did a tremendous and awesome job with new version. 

Your members can still purchase subscriptions via PayPal using their default payment options. (If that’s what you mean, if not ignore me.)

I know nothing about Braintree and our current PayPal settings are working without issue. I think that’s more for people who want more control with billing agreements, but again I know nothing of it so I may be wrong. 

I know I can use Paypal for current products but there was information that it won't be possible for future use (I do not know details). Also I'm kind of worried taht my main payment processor is no longer supported. I'm hoping that there won't be any problems but if there will be I do not know if IPS will help with paypal. 

Where is this information?  PayPal is my main payment processor for both PayPal payments and debit/credit cards and I've not had any issues with accepting payments both in the store and subscription purchases using them after upgrading to 4.4.  I don't think IPS has any plans on removing it.

We (temporarily) disabled the ability to set up PayPal if you hadn't already done so when you upgraded to 4.4.x. If you are already using PayPal you will not be impacted by this whatsoever. That said, we have actually reintroduced new PayPal setups in 4.4.1, so even if you hadn't already set up PayPal, you still wouldn't be impacted. 🙂 In short, this is not a concern.

https://invisioncommunity.com/release-notes/

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Iwooo said:

@bfarber Is it possible to add this function with default setting as turn off? If yes, any ETA? 

There is no ETA on this.

We recently removed the ability to search on names (both because it did not work correctly, and because it was resource intensive). I cannot say that this functionality will return, and if it will, when it will return.

4 hours ago, bfarber said:

There is no ETA on this.

We recently removed the ability to search on names (both because it did not work correctly, and because it was resource intensive). I cannot say that this functionality will return, and if it will, when it will return.

Out of interest is the PM system search on Elastic (if used)? Just wondering as I would have hoped it would have mitigated some of these issues.

17 hours ago, bfarber said:

There is no ETA on this.

is it possibel to add the ability ot manage (delete) the conversation from the search results? there is a possibility to select and delete several conversation in the mailbox, but not in the search results. Without this there is no simple way to delete multiple unnescessary conversations 

Archived